latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payments for Specific Page/Post

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payments for Specific Page/Post

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Manni01 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 24th, 2013 at 10:08 pm #58651
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Okay, so I looked through the support forum and training videos on custom capabilities. But I still am not sure on whether I can solve this problem, and if yes, then how. So, here it is.

I have a Membership site with four levels, in addition to free subscriber access, all with incrementally more access to site content. In addition, I currently also offer access to about 150-odd specific page/posts via Buy Now buttons/ pro-forms. The content on these specific page/ posts pages however cannot be offered incremental, e.g., each page/post offers access to equity investment ideas in different industries, so a user could be interested in any combination of the 150 or so specific page/ posts.

I now want to convert these individual page/post content pages so that I can charge them not as one-time or Buy Now transactions, but as recurrent (quarterly) payments. FYI- most of the interest for these specific page/ posts would be from the level 0 subscribers, so limiting it to them would not ‘kill’ the idea, although not preferable.

I investigated into capabilities, but from what I can tell, you can’t make independent capabilities recurring – I am not sure if that understanding is correct or not?

Also, I understand from the knowledgeBase that I would have to pre-define the capabilities and have buttons for each. That too would be a problem because I have infinite combinations possible with 150 specific page/posts, each focusing on a different industry group (for investment ideas). However, if it helps, each of those page/posts has the same price.

So, the question is — is there a simple solution (i.e., out-of-the-box) that I somehow have missed in searching through the forum —- and if not, as it appears so to me, is there a possible solution that is not that easy or direct — and if so, then what is it, or how can it be done, or is there a message thread that I missed that talks about how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 8th, 2013 at 12:25 am #59244
Leland Falde
Username: lfalde

Did you get an answer to this. My client has the exact same requirements/desire as you stated.

Posted: Monday Sep 9th, 2013 at 6:37 am #59297
Manni01
Username: Manni01

I might misunderstand what you are trying to achieve, but the problem is that you can’t have (recurring) paying members at level zero. All paid members have to be at level 1 or above if it’s not a one-off payment.

So you might have to either :

– move all your levels up one level, so that your new level one is for your members with access to some of the 150 pages and not any other, using ccaps as well as level(s) to protect pages or group of pages. If you hit the ceiling of 4 levels and absolutely need 5, then you’ll have to upgrade to the pro version of s2members.
– or if possible use only ccaps and not levels in your website, so free users are all at level zero, and paid users are all at level 1. That might be a hassle depending on the complexity of your site, but it might allow you to have any number of “levels” along with your specific pages ccaps and use recurring payment for these.

More experienced users might have another solution, but that’s my understanding of how it works at this stage.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.