latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring & Prorating of Billing

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring & Prorating of Billing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:13 pm #7234

Hi
This is more of a recurring billing (and Prorating) question, not a “MemberShip Level” question.

I am at a lost as to how to set this up in S2Member. Please let me explain how we use S2Member it will help with the answer to the question.

We have set up two different WordPress sites for two different “offline” networking groups. Both of these groups are business networking groups that have “dues” that are charged.

While providing access to a members ONLY pages/posts is nice to have on the WordPress sites, it isn’t really a big need as much as the ability to manage the billing for the members and to allow a way to take OFFLINE payments like Checks and CASH as well.

Please let me explain the two different ways (for the two different networking groups) the dues are handled.

1) With one group the membership for NEW members is as follows. They pay a ONE TIME fee of $30 and then they pay either a Quarterly $30 recurring fee or they have the option of paying a one time recurring annual fee of $120. So for new members the first payment for Quarterly Recurring would be $60, then $30 per quarter. For new members that choose Annual Recurring it would be $150, then $120 annually. There is also a need to prorate all full months to the nearest Quarter, each quarter starts on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.

For an example, a new member that joins, based on quarterly payment, on January 15, they would be prorated for Feb & March at $10 per full month ($20) and then the $30 one time fee plus the recurring fee of $30 to start April 1. The TOTAL for this one time payment would be $30 + $20 for a total of $50 and a recurring billing on April 1 of $30.

Another example if someone joined on March 3 they would not be prorated as that isn’t a full month and would just pay the $30 One time fee and then pay the recurring fee of $30 on April 1.

2) Now the other Networking group bases all their membership fees off annual recurring and at the first of the year FULL dues are due. If some joins during the year they are prorated for the same remaining FULL months, just like the quarterly example above except its for the full year instead of a quarter. So if a members joins, say, Jan 10 they have 11 FULL months left and are prorated for the remaining year and then on Jan 1 of the next year are billed the full years amount.

I am not able to see how to do this in S2Member, about all I have been able to do is just set up a recurring $30 quarterly payment and that then is set up at PayPal and recurs every 3 months, and then we have to tell the NEW members to pay the one time $30 fee in person. Not exactly a very good way to do this.
And if some one pays in CASH or CHECK its even more complicated as to how to set them up on the Web Site.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done, I thought about setting up couple different levels all have same rights but one level is pays annually the other level pays quarterly, but I see that option will not work and still doesnt provides a solution to the one time fee senario.

Is S2Member even a capable of doing this or do I need to look for a better billing solution, or maybe need to get some one to code this?

Any and all help is appreciated as the Members of the Networking Group are getting frustrated with the current solution.

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 3:39 am #7410
Staff Member

Hi Gail. Thanks for your inquiry.

ONE TIME fee of $30 and then they pay either a Quarterly $30 recurring fee

This can be accomplished easily with the s2Member Button and/or Pro Form Generators.

(click screenshots to enlarge please)

or they have the option of paying a one time recurring annual fee of $120.

There is also a need to prorate all full months to the nearest Quarter, each quarter starts on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.

This gets a little trickier, but it’s possible.

Instructions:

Install the Exec-PHP plugin for WordPress, and then do something like this.

<?php
$now = strtotime("now");
$recurring_start_time = strtotime("01 January 2013");
$days_until_recurring_charges_begin = round(($recurring_start_time - $now) / ($seconds_in_one_day = 86400));
?>
# Now configure your Shortcode with Trial Days that last until recurring billing should begin.
# The Shortcode here has been abbreviated for clarity in this regard.
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form ... tp="<?php echo $days_until_recurring_charges_begin; ?>" tt="D" /]

See Also: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2878&p=33315#p9025

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.