latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redemption Code System & Migration Questions

Home Forums Community Forum Redemption Code System & Migration Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:05 pm #44651
Casey Noland
Username: ncase

I have spent several hours today reading through your documentation and watching many of the tutorial videos offered. I am very interested in utilizing S2 Member (and WordPress) however coming from a different CMS (Joomla!) and membership component (OSE Membership) there are a few questions I’m hoping you can address.

1) REDEMPTION CODES – A custom addon we had the team at OSE develop for us has become paramount to our business. This is basically a redemption key system in which we can very quickly generate X unique keycodes for a particular membership type/plan and then distribute (CSV or physical printed cards) for purchase orders from companies and institutions. The keycodes are redeemed through a specific page/module at which time the users account is setup with the appropriate access and appropriate term (EOT) based on the redemption date. I do not believe such capabilities currently exist but as mentioned are necessary for our business. Is this something you (or recommended WP/S2Member developers) could develop for a fee?

2) PAYPAL PROFILE MIGRATION – Coming from an existing system we have both a large number of existing free/past members that need to be imported into the system. I believe there are scripts and plugins to assist in migrating this type of data and it should be relatively straight forward once we’ve mapped the appropriate fields for user data and membership plans – My question has to do more with recurring billing profile transfer. We currently use PayPal Pro and would almost certainly continue to use it after migrating to WP/S2Member – we just don’t want to lose current paying members in the transition. Would it be possible to migrate user data as well as PayPal Pro profile data to your system? In other words could we simply add the current paid account’s PayPal profile IDs to their profile within S2 and have all continuing/future payments appropriately update their term dates?

3) ANALYTICS – We like to see, for business tracking reasons, a basic breakdown of daily/monthly/defined-term accounts created vs EOTs so we can track attrition and growth with basic projections. We also appreciate performance indicators such as average lifetime value of customers and basic breakdowns of billing plan popularity. I don’t see much mentioned currently regarding these types of analytics on your website. Do you currently offer or plan to include any such capabilities?

Sorry for the long winded questions. They simply denote my high level of interest in your product.
Kind regards,
Casey

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:43 am #45031
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry for the delay in response.

1) REDEMPTION CODES – A custom addon we had the team at OSE develop for us has become paramount to our business. This is basically a redemption key system in which we can very quickly generate X unique keycodes for a particular membership type/plan and then distribute (CSV or physical printed cards) for purchase orders from companies and institutions. The keycodes are redeemed through a specific page/module at which time the users account is setup with the appropriate access and appropriate term (EOT) based on the redemption date. I do not believe such capabilities currently exist but as mentioned are necessary for our business. Is this something you (or recommended WP/S2Member developers) could develop for a fee?

This isn’t something s2Member currently supports, but you could have a developer familiar with s2Member build this relatively easily. You will need to have your developer create your “keycode” generator, and use s2Member’s Remote Operations to create Users/modify current Users based on what these “keycodes” gives access to.

We recommend posting a job listing on http://jobs.wordpress.net/, http://elance.com/, or a similar website where professionals post bids on your job listings. A developer should be pointed to the Remote Operations API regarding actually creating/modifying Users.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

2) PAYPAL PROFILE MIGRATION – Coming from an existing system we have both a large number of existing free/past members that need to be imported into the system. I believe there are scripts and plugins to assist in migrating this type of data and it should be relatively straight forward once we’ve mapped the appropriate fields for user data and membership plans – My question has to do more with recurring billing profile transfer. We currently use PayPal Pro and would almost certainly continue to use it after migrating to WP/S2Member – we just don’t want to lose current paying members in the transition. Would it be possible to migrate user data as well as PayPal Pro profile data to your system? In other words could we simply add the current paid account’s PayPal profile IDs to their profile within S2 and have all continuing/future payments appropriately update their term dates?

s2Member does provide a means for Importing Users via CSV, but I believe it would be very unlikely that your current Users’ subscriptions would be able to be moved over to s2Member’s system. There are a few variables that need to be set up correctly to work with s2Member. You can find info on what needs to be set up correctly in this post:

Knowledge Base » Importing Existing Subscriptions

See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation
Plus: Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

3) ANALYTICS – We like to see, for business tracking reasons, a basic breakdown of daily/monthly/defined-term accounts created vs EOTs so we can track attrition and growth with basic projections. We also appreciate performance indicators such as average lifetime value of customers and basic breakdowns of billing plan popularity. I don’t see much mentioned currently regarding these types of analytics on your website. Do you currently offer or plan to include any such capabilities?

s2Member doesn’t currently have an breakdown like you’re looking for here. However, s2Member does support integrating with Analytics programs if you need to do so. You can do this through s2Member’s API Notifications, sending data for each transaction to a specific URL for processing.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications

If you’re interested in using Google Analytics (which is very popular), this works a bit differently. You can find info on this here:

Knowledge Base » Google® Analytics ECommerce Tracking

Let us know if you have any further questions / need clarification on anything here. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.