latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

redirect a user to the membership option page

Home Forums Community Forum redirect a user to the membership option page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  adam chen 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:39 am #7895
adam chen
Username: adam1987

I wanted to redirect a user to the membership option page everytime they login, I can do it for the two updates before, but now seem the only way is to redirect user to login welcome page…….which is a client portal page that only created mannually for specific user from admin, so they willl get error message every time login, because that login page is NOT created at the moment that they login the first time.

I really need a good fix on this, thank you!!!!

Another question is that ….can I edit the “page not found” screen in wordpres??? How to do that anyone?

Anyone could help me get a answer on this will be appreciated LOT!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 3:35 pm #8035
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’m not sure I understand completely what your issue is. The newest version gives you the option to enter a Special Redirection URL in the s2member->general options -> login welcome page settings.

You should be able to set any page as the login welcome page for your users with this option. NOTE: This may “lock down” that page, so another option may be to copy the info on your membership options page and re-direct to your “copied page” after login.

Again, I’m not completely sure the issue here, but base on my understanding I think that would work.

Also, the page not found should be a file in your theme’s set-up depending on the theme (error 404 page).

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #8141
adam chen
Username: adam1987

Hi, Dave:

I totally get the setting, but the issue is that since I take a method to impliment “Client Portal” system which taught by S2member tutorial video, so therefore my Login Welcome Page link: (for example)
http://mysite.com/%%current_user_login%%/
Can not change, if I do, the client’s private page will not be directed correctly and the whole system will be meaningless to me.

I wonder if there is anyway to change the login welcome page but without affect the Client Portal System I setup with?

Btw, the Client Portal Utilize the user name as a access tha automatically direct to it once login, though, I would prefer direct to the profile page (a costume page I created just to display profile related to the viewing user) instead.

Please help me out, thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  adam chen.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.