latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect Admin & Editor to unique login pages

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect Admin & Editor to unique login pages

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 2:43 pm #46080

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:40 pm #46107
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best way to accomplish this would be to use s2Member’s Advanced PHP Conditionals on your Login Welcome Page, and redirect Admins and Editors based on these conditionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals
See Also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_redirect

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 3:15 pm #46214

Hi Bruce,

Hmm that’s not re-directing the Admins or Editors to a different page though – that’s just providing different content on the login welcome page though right? The content I want to show is completely different – it’s going to make the login welcome page way too complicated.

If the only way to do this is for me to use the built in re-direct to /role option then let me know and I’ll have to move to that solution.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 4:03 pm #46215

Hi,

Ok, I used the replacement codes to add a redirect to /my-account/%%current_user_role%% which does the job of forwarding users on login to unique pages. I have then set 301 re-directs on those pages I just wanted to go to the /my-account/ page to go back to the /my-account/ page.

The problem is that this still doesn’t re-direct Administrators or Editors.

Is there a setting I need to change so that all users are re-directed on login?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 4:54 pm #46314
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there a setting I need to change so that all users are re-directed on login?

There’s no setting, but if you’d like to make a Must-Use Plugin, and put this line of code in, s2Member will turn on login redirections for ALL Users.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.