latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect after login / permissions

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect after login / permissions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 3:40 pm #38619

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 4:23 am #39139
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I’m not aware of any bug in s2Member® that would cause this, but if the problem continues, please send us a Dashboard login privately and we’ll investigate it for you. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

NOTE: The URL that your Members are being redirected to, includes s2Member’s MOP Vars, which offers details about why the redirection occurred. The link you posted indicates that a User attempted to access Post ID 292547 which is Restricted by your configuration of s2Member® at Level #1. This person did not have access to this Membership Level.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:43 am #39173

I contacted you. Thank you so much — I’m continually impressed by y’all’s level of support.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:33 am #39307
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

I found a couple of minor issues with your configuration that could be causing some confusion for s2Member. Having your Home Page protected is the likely cause of the redirection issues. A visit to your Home Page by a public visitor results in a redirection, which is something s2Member would not expect to encounter.

This video tutorial goes over some the gotchyas like this. I recommend watching segments #2 and #3 here. See: Video » s2Member (Content Restriction Trouble?)

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:33 pm #39423

I’ve fixed things up so that our home page and membership options pages are not protected, but it has caused a bit of an issue with the way the login widget works. We want people who are logging in to go either to the (protected) page they’d intended to visit, or if they were on the home page, to go to the login welcome page. The problem is that when they’re on the home page (/), it is recorded as the redirect_to, and they get put back on the page that is really designed for unlogged-in viewers, instead of being sent to the login welcome page at /activity.

Is there a filter that we can run to make sure that when redirect_to = “/”, users are sent to the login welcome page instead?

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 4:03 pm #39548
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there a filter that we can run to make sure that when redirect_to = “/”, users are sent to the login welcome page instead?

See my post here for info on doing this:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/pro-login-widget-custom-redirect/#post-39547

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.