latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect not working

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Travis 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 12:35 pm #44500
Travis
Username: pixelmajic

I am using S2 Member to handle registrations and sign in. I am using index.html as a splash page to my site. When a customers clicks the signin link the are directed to ( wp-login). If they need to register they are redirected to (http://johnbrevard.com/wp-login.php?action=register)

Problem: When the login or register they are redirect back to the splash page (index.html)

Here is my .htaccess fle

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|?|&)s2member_file_download=.+ [OR]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|?|&)no-gzip=1
RewriteRule .* – [E=no-gzip:1]

# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

Please help ASAP. I need to have this resolved within the hour if at all possible. I am willing to pay!! $

Thanks

Travis

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:22 pm #44786
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We are very sorry for the delay.

I ran a test registration on your site to test, and it appears to be working correctly. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 8:08 pm #44865
Travis

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the response. To resolve the initial problem, I had to hard code the page redirect link, as opposed to using the drop down select menu, which doesn’t work.

Background:
I initially installed S2Member in another directory. I then move the site. I think I create and encryption key but I can’t seem to find it. Could this be what is causing my issues with the drop down’s not working?

Current Issue:
I can’t restrict access to my pages by membership level. When I select the level and hit update, the level is cleared out again. So, none of the drop down widgets are working.

HELP!!! :)

Travis

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 8:13 pm #44868
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Background:
I initially installed S2Member in another directory. I then move the site. I think I create and encryption key but I can’t seem to find it. Could this be what is causing my issues with the drop down’s not working?

This could be causing issues. I recommend turning OFF your Deactivation Safeguards, and deactivating and reactivating s2Member. This will wipe all of your current settings. You will then need to set s2Member back up and enter a new Security Encryption Key (do this first).

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards

At that point, please try restricting access to your Posts once more. If you are still unable to do so, please send us a Dashboard login so that we can run diagnostics.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:39 pm #44883
Travis

Hi Bruce,

After following your instructions, I was able to get the drop downs to now work. But I am unable to prevent the post pages from being seen by new subscribers.

I have the post pages set for Level 1

and the new subscribers set at Level 0.

Any ideas?

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:01 am #44925
Travis

Hi Bruce,

I have figured out my issues with the redirect. I forgot to add a Membership page. So the restrictions couldn’t take effect. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.