latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect to referer after login

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect to referer after login

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 6:39 am #53206
mewiecus
Username: mewiecus

I do not want to redirect a user to the Welcome Login Page, but to the refering page. How do I set up S2Member to achieve this? Or is that only supported by the PRO version?
Thanks in advance mewiecus

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 5:48 pm #53322
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello mewiecus,

With referring page I assume you mean the page where the user just was before logging in correct?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:17 am #53328
mewiecus
Username: mewiecus

Yes. Example: we build am LMS. A user takes a course (for free, no registration). At the end of the course he is offered an optional exam. In order to take the exam (multiple choice test) he needs to register. Takeing the user to an “Welcome after Login Page” after registering is not a user-friendly at all. The user now has to search for the link again, that takes him where he was before,

I do not understand why most members-plungin do that in general. mewiecus

Posted: Friday Jul 12th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #53369
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Yes I see what you mean.

Well, with s2Member the only way to achieve this is to have the pro version and use the s2Member login widget and have users login that way, since there is a setting to redirect to the page they were just in before logging in.

But there’s probably already some plugin out there that adds this functionality to the normal WordPress page.

Also, personally I don’t find this not user friendly. I’ve developed the habit to copy the URL of the current page before opening a login page. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.