latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect to specific page based on Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect to specific page based on Membership

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 pm #45536
Travis
Username: pixelmajic

I need to have my Subscriber level – 0 to a Welcome page. And My Subscriber Level-1 to to the homepage of the site. I have tried to use:

http://www.johnbrevard.com/%%current_user_level%%-account-page

I then create the pages /0-account-page and /1-account-page

When I log in with a member with level 0 and a member with level 1, I only get the page /0-account-page.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Travis

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 9:18 am #45551

That’s odd. Could you verify that the user account you tried is Level 1? If it is and the replacement code still outputs 0, please try the tips in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:15 am #45659
Travis

Hi, I have clicked on your link but non of these things seem to apply. When my subscriber – 0 and subscriber – 1, access the site, they are not being redirected to their respective pages. Also, the restrictions for membership level 0 and level 1 don’t seem to be working after implementing the redirect routine. Could it be because of my S2Member settings for membership redirect?

I have copied the 0-account-page, 1-account-page and the S2Member settings for Membership at the following link for your review and advise.

http://ge.tt/7X5MZ6c?c

Thanks for your help!

Travis

Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:50 pm #45676
Travis

Christian, My current membership page is my Welcome Page. How would this affect my subscribers membership access level?

Thanks,

Travis

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:50 am #45777

Christian, My current membership page is my Welcome Page. How would this affect my subscribers membership access level?

You mean you set the Login Welcome Page and the Membership Options Page to be the same one? This won’t work. The Membership Options Page will always be public, while the Login Welcome Page will always require the user to be logged in. They have to be separate pages.

Try fixing that and see if it helps with your problem.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 am #46444
Travis

Cristian, I have correct the issue with having the same page for both membership and registration.

My current issue is how do I direct my approved members (S2member Level 1) to the Homepage or 1-Account-page?

My unapproved subscribers (Subscriber 0) seem to be find since they default Login Welcome Page (1-account-page).

Thanks,

Travis

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 7:10 am #46587

Cristian, I have correct the issue with having the same page for both membership and registration.

Great. :)

My current issue is how do I direct my approved members (S2member Level 1) to the Homepage or 1-Account-page?

My unapproved subscribers (Subscriber 0) seem to be find since they default Login Welcome Page (1-account-page).

So either level would be sent to 1-account-page? Wouldn’t Level 0 go to 0-account-page?

If you can’t make the separate pages redireciton work, I’d probably just have a single page for the Login Welcome Page and show the content based on the user’s level using a conditional. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 12:23 am #47145
Travis

Cristain,

I looked over the condition code scripting as direct, however, I am unable to figure out the conditional code script which would redirect my S2member Level 1 to the home page of my site. Can you provide me with such a script?

Also, would I need a script for teh S2member Level 0 as well, or can I just use the current settings which already takes them to the proper page?

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 5:33 am #47164

You can use a JavaScript redirection in your Login Welcome page, then level 1 users would be sent to the home page, others not. Something like this:

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]

[/s2If]]
[/hilite]
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.