latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirected attempting log in – safari/chrome

Home Forums Community Forum Redirected attempting log in – safari/chrome

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:15 pm #40925
Robyn Ellan
Username: scalainc

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 5:23 pm #40933
Robyn Ellan

Have tried deactivating all plugins… no joy…

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 6:00 pm #41085
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Some of my users are being redirected and are not able to log in via safari or chrome, just firefox.

Here is the log in page: http://scala.com/scp/register/

The page will refresh, but remains the same. The link shown is: http://scala.com/scp/register/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=53&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3NjcC93ZWxjb21lLXRvLW91ci1tZW1iZXJzLWFyZWEv&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=0&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=sys&s2member_seeking=page-53&s2member_level_req=0

The URL you provided here is redirecting to (what I assume is) your Login Welcome Page.

scp/welcome-to-our-members-area/

It appears that users are getting sent to your Login Welcome Page before they are logged in, and then are redirected back to your Membership Options Page.

Could you please provide us with an admin login via Private Contact Form so that we may diagnose further what the issue is?

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:19 pm #41111
Robyn Ellan

I have provided that information, thank you!

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 5:32 am #41251
Bruce
Staff Member

Details received. I’m running an investigation now.

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 6:18 am #41254
Bruce
Staff Member

Inivestigation Complete.

After my investigation I’ve come to the conclusion that any problems that you’re having here are a result of a plugin/theme conflict on your specific installation of WordPress. By looking at your source code within your login page, a redirect_to variable is being set here for your Admin Panel, which is going to be overridden by s2Member. So I can’t tell you what’s wrong exactly.

Please try reverting to a default WordPress theme and deactivating all plugins but s2Member on your installation and see if that stops the issue. If you can reproduce this issue on a clean installation of WordPress, and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue, please let us know and we will preform further analysis of this issue.

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 3:15 pm #41264
Robyn Ellan

Hi Bruce, will you tell me which file you are seeing the conflicting redirect in please? I had disabled all but one plug in, so if it’s the theme, I want to have as many details as possible to provide the developers.

Thanks,
Robyn

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 3:54 pm #41267
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for you reply.

Hi Bruce, will you tell me which file you are seeing the conflicting redirect in please? I had disabled all but one plug in, so if it’s the theme, I want to have as many details as possible to provide the developers.

This is not something I’m seeing in any particular file, I did not get the chance to dig through your theme’s and plugin’s files to find the, but rather a behavior I noticed. I have tested the redirect upon Login functionality on a clean installation of WordPress, and it works as expected. There is a redirect_to variable that will be overriden in your wp-login.php file, in the source code of the page. This is normal.

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 4:07 pm #41268
Robyn Ellan

Sooo… what would you suggest at this point? I don’t know how having the plugin work on a clean install of WP really solves anything. Are you saying that this is the only way the plugin will work on Chrome or Firefox? Or are you saying I need to tell you specifically whether it is the theme or my one plug in causing the conflict?

Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:18 pm #41390
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Robyn,

I believe what Bruce is saying is that a plugin, or most probably your theme is causing this problem. Having a clean install of WordPress would tell us if this is true or not.

– Eduan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.