latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Referral credit & recurring payment discounts

Home Forums Community Forum Referral credit & recurring payment discounts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Josh Buchanan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:59 pm #43136
Josh Buchanan
Username: j0sh

I have been getting familiar with S2Member free for the last couple of weeks, and first off let me say what a fantastic product! Not to mention the most detailed tutorials and helpful knowledge base / forums of any software I have ever used! Thank you for that. This is the first question, of many, that I haven’t been able to find a clear answer to…

I am creating a monthly membership site with only one product, for now, and no variations. I will be using S2Member Pro and Paypal Pro.

What I want to do is have members get credit for referrals. Something like, “Refer 3, get a month free!” I can handle the referral codes, customer credits, database and PHP on my end… What I’m wondering is, can I have S2Member automatically not charge the customer for a month when they’ve earned enough referral credits(that I have kept in a custom DB field), and resume charging the next month. Or do I need to have the customer “claim the credit” through their profile page? Payment modification with a 1 month free trial button, for example.

Thank you so much for the wonderful product and your help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:44 am #43367
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your patience.

What I’m wondering is, can I have S2Member automatically not charge the customer for a month when they’ve earned enough referral credits(that I have kept in a custom DB field), and resume charging the next month.

s2Member currently doesn’t support this automatically, as the subscription is set up within PayPal. To achieve this logic, you’ll need to have Users sign up for their one month free by giving them a free trial with a Billing Modification Form.

Billing Modification Forms delete the current subscription, and create a new one. There is no way to edit a currently existing Subscription within s2Member.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:52 am #43383
Josh Buchanan
Username: j0sh

I had a feeling. The customer will just have to log in and claim their credit, no big deal.

Thanks Bruce! :-)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.