latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Refund

Home Forums Community Forum Refund

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:52 am #23688
David Lim
Username: GCSgo2012

I am trying to get a refund as your product hasn’t been used successfully and has been uninstalled few days after the purchase. When I try to fill out the private contact form, it asks the word press/ftp login info. But your product has been deleted. My new replies have been closed. Your 800 number is automated and it disconnects itself. Thus, I am opening a new inquiry. I just want to get a refund.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:31 am #23712
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David,

Please read the following: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

And then just state the reason why you wish a refund, in this post, if necessary, then the support reps will ask you to send a private contact form.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:56 pm #23730
David Lim

Thanks for your reply, Eduan. Your refund policy is illusory and unlawful since there is no limit for your part. Our IT guy thought your product would meet our needs and thus, it was purchased. Then our IT guy spent many hours trying to use it for our needs and has given up by concluding it is not useful for us. So your product was uninstalled since. Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:33 am #23769

Hi David.

Before contacting Jason about your request, could you answer these, please? Thanks! :)

Our IT guy thought your product would meet our needs and thus, it was purchased.

Did he search or ask us about s2Member meeting your needs before purchasing, or did he just think it would? Were these s2Member Pro features you needed, or were they available in the free version of s2Member to test/use without paying?

Then our IT guy spent many hours trying to use it for our needs and has given up by concluding it is not useful for us.

What problems did your IT guy have that couldn’t be worked out with s2Member? Were these advertised features of s2Member and did he work with us to solve his issues? Or were these customizations he was trying to code and didn’t work out in the end?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 2:51 pm #24189
David Lim

Please see my responses below.

Our IT guy inquired you first and he was told your product would meet our needs. Our IT guy thought the s2Member Pro would be needed. Our IT guy didn’t like the product-unfriendly and clumsy formatting. Our IT guy then billed me over 100 hours of time. He inquired about the problem and you didn’t solve the problem. The customizations didn’t work out. We uninstalled your product as you can see from our website.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:31 am #24290

Our IT guy inquired you first and he was told your product would meet our needs.

He inquired about the problem and you didn’t solve the problem.

Could you provide the URLs to those threads he started so I know which we’re talking about, please? Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 10:01 am #24323
David Lim

Cristian,

Here we go: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-button-has-huge-spacing-issue/?qcAC=1#post-17796

My IT guy uninstalled it and eventually quit.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 5:03 am #24480

I see. I’m very sorry I didn’t get to see that particular ticket when it was posted. I guess that if he had replied again, it’d have come back to the top of the forum and I’d have noticed it that time.

The problem he was having with all that space, was that some other plugin he installed, or maybe the theme, were adding line breaks to the hidden fields of the button’s HTML form. If you view the source of the web page, it’d become obvious that there were [hilite mono]br[/hilite] or [hilite mono]p[/hilite] tags next to hidden input fields. I’ve seen it happen to other site owners before.

He first had to spot which was causing it so it could be solved. To test the theme, just change it to the default TwentyEleven and see if the problem goes. To test plugins, deactivate them one by one, checking after each if the problem remains. Once you spot the problem one, it can be fixed, or a substitute that works well could be found.

If he didn’t want to fix/replace it, he could still use a button created over at PayPal instead of the shortcode, and integrated with s2Member as explained here: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

I don’t know what his circumstances were, but he didn’t seem to try very much to solve it. s2Member can still work for you, and if you can’t do it yourself, find a competent developer, he’d be able to do it. http://jobs.wordpress.net

Is that the only problem he had or was there something else I can help you with? I’ll be happy to assist with what I can. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.