latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Refund for product

Home Forums Community Forum Refund for product

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 4:48 pm #22907
Sara
Username: brightisland

Because there was no way for me to send a private message via this site without having been requested to send server login info, etc., I sent a message via the WebSharks contact form, but have received no response. That’s why I’m posting my message here — I realize support forums are not the ideal place for these kinds of messages.

My concern is that we were never able to get this product to work as needed, in spite of my using the customer support forum. In fact, although we only really needed the free version, I paid for a license in hopes of getting some reliable customer support in getting the product set up correctly, but I did not receive the help I would have needed to fully make use of the s2Member product.

I did receive a few responses from Cristian, but his suggestions were not working in our scenario, and then I received no more responses, and now we have missed the window for the digital product we had hoped to offer this year using s2Member. We will not be offering a digital edition of our magazine this year, as it’s too late to do it.

In any case, I would like a refund based on the fact that we were unable to get the product to work for us. At some point in the future, we may end up purchasing a license for s2Member plugin for offering WordPress-specific subscriber content, rather than content in the s2Member-files folder, but for now, we have no use for it.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sara Whitford

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 9:46 am #22968

Hi Sara.

Sorry, I just went to your other thread and saw you had actually left a reply during the other weekend, which I had not seen. Very sorry about having missed it. And since the thread didn’t get updated since then, it just got pushed back with the new replies and I didn’t see it again until now that you mentioned it here.

s2Member’s file protection does work, it’s because it works that you’re having the problem. The thing is that you’re protecting a folder full of files generated to display your magazine online, and the SWF file is trying to load some of those protected files, but it doesn’t seem to have the access you have as the user.

The solution, as I explained, may be to give a download key for access to all the links to those files. I don’t think it’s possible to generate new s2Member download keys inside your SWF file, but you could probably create a hack in your site so that those files get one generated whenever loaded.

You mentioned not being able to make the download key work. In your last post you said that you could give me access to take a look at your installation, please do: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let me know in the other thread when you do, so I look for it. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/swf-file-not-loading-works-outside-s2member-2/#post-21779

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.