latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Regarding Offline/Online members

Home Forums Community Forum Regarding Offline/Online members

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:51 am #11112
Mike Heath
Username: somacore

I have a client who owns a workout studio.

1. We want his students to be able to get free access to the site’s member’s area.

2. We want people from the internet (people that won’t ever become an in-person member of his gym) to pay for access to the site.

To address #1, I imported a bunch of members from his mailing list (all are on-site studio members) and manually assigned them to level 1, which worked great. The only thing was that we had to give them a default password, which we’re asking them to change once they login. That part is fine and worked pretty well.

To address #2, I set up an authorize.net pro form which works great.

The only issue right now is with #1. As members join the studio, we want them to be able to create an account on the site as level 1 users since on-site members have free access to this content. However, we don’t want people from the general public to be able to register as level 1, so we want to be able to send these users a ‘private’ member registration link.

Is this possible? I feel like there’s an obvious solution here that I’m not seeing. Please advise.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:02 am #11115
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mike, thanks for your inquiry.

In order to accomplish this, you would have to combine pro-forms and specific post/page access restrictions.

First of all, create a pro-form that will allow free registration at level 1, you can check out how to do this on this KBA (Knowledge Base Article):
Knowledge Base » Offering Paid Member Registration for Free, Using Pro-Forms

You will now put this pro-form shortcode in the page in which you want to put it.

Now protect this page that has the pro-form shortcode, with the specific post/page access, you can do this under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions.

Now each time you want to offer free registration to one of the students, you will give them a special link that will override the specific post/page access restrictions, you can generate these link under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links.

The page for the users that are not students of the gym, will have another pro-form which will allow them to buy s2Member level 1 access.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:34 am #11116
Mike Heath

Now each time you want to offer free registration to one of the students, you will give them a special link that will override the specific post/page access restrictions, you can generate these link under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links.

Do I have to manually do this for every student or is this an automated solution?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:44 am #11117
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

It would have to be manual for every student… :/

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:49 am #11118
Mike Heath

Thanks for your speedy replies. Your solution works, so we’ll just have to manage with that.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:52 am #11119
Eduan

Great!

Glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.