latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Register Defaults fields

Home Forums Community Forum Register Defaults fields

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  yu fu 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 2:07 am #4546

fields are already built-in by default. The defaults are: *Username*, *Email*, *First Name*, *Last Name*.
So can i modify the default field into chinese character? manually?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 2:52 pm #4765
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Do you mean change the label of the fields when they are displayed on the page?

Dave

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 9:50 pm #5426

yes

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:15 am #35621

I have the same problem as Jason. Does anyone have an idea how to change default fields ?
Thanks !

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:14 pm #35629
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Have you tried using the s2member->includes->translations folder (there are instructions in there).

That would be the easiest I think if you can figure it out.

From the .txt file:

== Translations ==

s2Member and s2Member Pro are now equipped with support for front-end translation, using standardized WordPress® methodologies; i.e. we’ve implemented the use of `_x()`, and various other translation routines for many aspects of s2Member’s front-end interfaces. For instance, things like Profile panels, Login/Registration Fields, and Pro Form integrations; as well as error messages displayed to Users/Members. Translation support for back-end admin panels provided by s2Member will come in a future release, along with more extensive translation support for front-end aspects.

Please note, this is but our first step toward internationalizing s2Member and s2Member Pro. Look for further updates/improvements to come in the future.

Like WordPress® itself, we chose to use the GNU `gettext` localization framework to provide localization infrastructure for s2Member®. GNU `gettext` is a mature, widely used framework for modular translation of software, and is the *de facto* standard for localization in the open source/free software realm. If you’d like to translate s2Member and/or s2Member Pro, please use the POT file found inside `/s2member/includes/translations/s2member.pot`, which contains all translation entries for both the s2Member Framework *( i.e. the free version )*, and also for s2Member Pro.

The file: `/s2member/includes/translations/s2member.pot` will be updated with each new release of s2Member.

If this is your first translation of a WordPress® plugin, [this article](http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#Localization_Technology) and/or [this article](http://urbangiraffe.com/articles/translating-wordpress-themes-and-plugins/), might be of some assistance. When you are finished translating the `s2member.pot` file, place your completed `s2member-[locale].mo` file into this directory: `/wp-content/plugins/`; and please feel free to [share your translation](http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/community/) with the rest of the s2Member® community.

Quick Tip: If you only need to translate the front-end of s2Member, please ignore entries in the `s2member.pot` file with a context matching `s2member-admin`. Those sections of s2Member are only seen by site Administrators; they are NOT used in s2Member’s front-end integration with WordPress®. Skipping over translation entries with a context matching `s2member-admin` can save you time.

Dave

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:20 pm #35631

I don’t want to translate the plugin, but only these fields.

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 3:37 am #50539
yu fu
Username: LEonEmily

支持中文回复吗?英文太烂,怕回复了你看不懂。你可以只修改s2member涉及username的部分,然后按照要求修改文件名成s2member-zh_CN.mo放到/wp-content/plugins/中。
前提是你得在wp-config设置的是zh_CN

define(‘WPLANG’, ‘zh_CN’);

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.