latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Adding User to Wrong User Level

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Adding User to Wrong User Level

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Tammy A 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 2:35 am #51268
Ambi Suite
Username: ambisuite

Hi,

I’ve recently purchased s2member Pro and am using Pro Forms to allow registration and payment (via paypal express) to occur at the same time.

My current setup is that a registered user automatically should become a Level #1 Member (Bronze Member) and I have Open Registration disabled.

Please note I have integrated s2member with BuddyPress.

The PayPal Pro Form I have setup is for Level #1 access and the shortcode looks like the following;

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="30 Days @ $1.00 / then $99 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="domainnamehere.com" ta="1.00" tp="30" tt="D" ra="99" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

The first 30 days of the Subscription are set to $1.00USD, then there after it reverts to $99.00USD per month.

The registration form contains the following fields;

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • E-Mail Address
  • Username
  • Password

Plus additional custom fields added from within s2member,

• Organization Name
  • Position/Title
  • City
  • Street Address 1
  • Street Address 2
  • Post Code
  • Country
  • Terms and Conditions [checkbox]

Upon trying to checkout I am redirected to the appropriate PayPal checkout page where I complete the payment process using my Test Buyer Sandbox account.

Upon successful transaction I am redirected back to the same membership registration page (of course the return URL is probably not setup for anything else at this stage but this is not the issue).

Now, when I check the Users menu item in the dashboard to see whether or not the new user has successfully registered, they DO EXIST but they are being added as Free Subscribers when they should be Level 1 (Bronze Member) subscribers.

Also, none of the s2member custom form fields are being populated in the database either, see the screenshot below for a furthered explanation;

Link to full size image: HERE

This problem did not occur previously, that is prior to upgrading to s2member pro.

If you require any information related to the current configuration of our s2member plugin please let me know and I will provide that information for you.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hossein.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:26 am #51408

Could you please try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If after those tests you still have the problem, could you provide your site’s info so we take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Please let us know here after sending it. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:00 am #51708
Ambi Suite
Username: ambisuite

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your reply, before providing you details for our site we would like to debug this directly via the forum here as I can provide you all the necessary information you need about the setup.

What I currently do not understand is why when using the standard (NON-PRO) PayPal payment buttons that the registration process works correctly and all of the Custom Fields set-up in s2member are populated accordingly during the registration process BUT why this does not work when using PayPal Pro Forms generator.

In BuddyPress, the registration page we have setup as;

http://www.domain.com/membership-signup/

You can only access the above page IF you have paid first, using the Standard PayPal Button generator (NON-PRO).

If we proceed this way, then the registration process works PROPERLY.

Now example 2 (PRO FORMS)

So let’s assume as an example now that I want to use the PayPal Pro Forms shortcode instead of the normal process above so we can have registration and payment occur in the same process and let us assume for the purpose of this example that I place this form/shortcode on a page called,

http://www.domain.com/membership-signup-pro-form-test/

Now, the form displays correctly!

All of the fields are there which include the standard BuddyPress fields and the additional configured s2member custom fields.

BUT after we commence the registration/checkout process the user gets registered as a FREE Subscriber and not a Level 1 user and NO custom fields get completed.

This only occurs when using PRO Forms.

In s2member the appropriate options are configured under General Options -> Registration/Profile Field Options:

…so this is why we see the correct form fields either in the standard registration page and the Pro Forms which is great BUT it does not explain why when registering and paying from a Pro Form that users are being added as Free Subscribers and no custom fields are being populated.

Additional information:

With debug mode on I note these errors and notices:

Strict		Declaration of c_ws_plugin__s2member_pro_login_widget::widget() should be compatible with that of WP_Widget::widget() on line 47 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/login-widget.inc.php
Strict		Declaration of c_ws_plugin__s2member_pro_login_widget::update() should be compatible with that of WP_Widget::update() on line 47 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/login-widget.inc.php
Strict		Declaration of c_ws_plugin__s2member_pro_login_widget::form() should be compatible with that of WP_Widget::form() on line 47 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/login-widget.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: register on line 69 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 587 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: ws_plugin__s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_response on line 173 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-responses.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: response on line 189 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-responses.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: error on line 189 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-responses.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: card_type_options on line 602 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 606 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 607 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 608 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice (245)	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 620 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice (7)	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 650 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice (245)	Undefined offset: 2 on line 122 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/custom-reg-fields.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: response on line 706 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-utilities.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 733 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 734 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 735 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 736 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 737 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 738 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 747 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 748 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 749 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 750 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 754 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 755 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 756 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined index: s2member_pro_paypal_checkout on line 758 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: captcha on line 762 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php
Notice	Undefined variable: opt_in on line 766 in file /home/ambi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php

I have used s2-server-scanner.php as per the knowledge base article and there are no errors concerning this scan process, we pass all scans. But as you can see the above debug messages all related to PayPal Pro Form files in s2member-pro.

What other information do you require about the s2member configuration that is not already provided in this and my first message?

Thank you,
Hossein.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 5:08 am #51805

With debug mode on I note these errors and notices:

No need to worry about those, they’re just notices, not errors, the script still works. We’re fixing those warnings in the new s2Member, but you don’t need to worry about them in the current one anyway.

I have used s2-server-scanner.php as per the knowledge base article

Did you do all the tests suggested in the troubleshooting article? Did you also try deactivating the other plugins to see if there’s a conflict? Do you still have this problem with just WP and s2Member? If that works, try reactivating the other plugins one by one and test the registration after each.

This only occurs when using PRO Forms.

I couldn’t see the pages because the links point to domain.com instead of your site. Still, to test I’d need to have access to the dashboard.

BUT it does not explain why when registering and paying from a Pro Form that users are being added as Free Subscribers and no custom fields are being populated.

Please make sure you have logging enabled while testing, so you get entries for the transactions and we can see if any errors are mentioned there. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 5:23 pm #52150
Tammy A
Username: tammyaudette

I tried all the steps in Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips and it still doesnt work.

Ambi, did you ever find out what the issue was for you?

Please help.

Thanks!

Tammy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.