latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration confirmation page (custom)

Home Forums Community Forum Registration confirmation page (custom)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  pico the one and only 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 8:08 pm #41738

following up on another post (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-edit-registration-confirmation-message/) I still have trouble with the re-direct to our custom “thank you” page as specified in the short code:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP: $49.95 USD" cc="USD" custom="www.xyz.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.49" rp="1" rt="W" rr="0" rrt="" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="US" captcha="white" success="https://www.xyz.com/thank-you" /]

when registering, I see the …/thank-you/?… URL blinking briefly. along with some URL parameters that flash too quickly to decipher. it then takes me back to the “Membership Options” page.

Registration actually works out and the member can log in but it just doesn’t take them to the “thank you” page…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:30 am #41836
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

It actually sounds like your Thank-You page is protected by s2Member, which it should not be; because until a customer completes checkout and logs into the site, they will not have access. Please double check all of your s2Member® -› Restriction Options to be sure this thank-you/ page is not protected in any way.

If problems persist, please submit a Dashboard login and we’ll run diagnostics for you.
See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 9:58 am #41881

Hi and thanks. But no, that was the first thing I checked. That is, the page itself has no restrictions on it. It’s publically accessible.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:36 pm #41908
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

I just took a quick look at your installation and Restriction Options for s2Member®.

The URI leading to your Thank-You page is: /thank-you/?s2p-v=(a verification code from s2Member®)

Unfortunately your current URI restrictions are a match to this Page. In other words, your Thank-You page is protected currently, and it requires Level #1 Membership. This explains the redirection away from this page if you are not logged in yet. See screenshot below.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success
Look at the section under “Verifying the Integrity of Replacement Codes” where it mentions the s2p-v string that s2Member® will pass through to your Custom Return URL.

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:53 pm #41911

shikes. i knew that it was my fault… sorry.

of course, I was trying to protect search (results) from access without membership.
but it looks like if I change the restriction to

/?s=

then it should allow the thank you page but keep non-members from accessing the search results, right?

thanks again.

excellent support here!

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 6:56 am #41940
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Right. I would add the following URI Restrictions to protect search results.

?s=
&s=

However, please keep in mind that URI Restrictions may not always guard search results; because it is also possible (though unlikely) that a form would POST this data instead of passing the s variable in the URI. If all of your search forms use the GET method (i.e. s= appears in the URI) then you’re probably fine — as long as nobody figures out they could POST the s value. Anyway, probably not a huge issue, I just wanted to mention that. See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 12:50 pm #41952

right. I remember reading through that.

now I wonder if it’s possible to disable POST requests on the search page.

thanks for your time in supporting my little issue.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.