latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Disabled

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Disabled

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #33744
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

Last night a new member clicked through a Level1 subscription button, made it through the PayPal process (I received the e-mail confirmation from PayPal that a payment was made), and on returning to the site was unable to register. I believe the registration was on account of a server fart (since reported to the host who acknowledged there was a problem and that they would resolve it asap).

The new member has returned to the registration e-mail, clicked through the link in the e-mail, and was given the message “registration disabled”.

I am unable to manually create the user with the username he wants because the system has it reserved for a couple days.

Is there a work-around to my problem so I can get this user registered?

Thanks,
Buck

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #33758
Buck

The customer sent me the registration e-mail. When I followed the Click Here to register link created by the system, I got a series of error messages like this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information- headers already sent by (output started at /path-to/index.php(l): eval()’d code:3) in
/path-to/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/register-in.inc.php on line 64

And then more of the same only through line 69.

That series of error messages flashes for less than a moment (I had to be quick with my fingers to get a screen-print of it) and then lands on my site with a message stating “Registration Disabled”.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:33 pm #33773
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Buck,

The customer sent me the registration e-mail. When I followed the Click Here to register link created by the system, I got a series of error messages like this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information- headers already sent by (output started at /path-to/index.php(l): eval()’d code:3) in
/path-to/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/register-in.inc.php on line 64

And then more of the same only through line 69.

That series of error messages flashes for less than a moment (I had to be quick with my fingers to get a screen-print of it) and then lands on my site with a message stating “Registration Disabled”.

This is s2Member’s doing, as the link from the email is only allowed to be used once, and then will send the user to “Registration Disabled” if the link is used again.

The header errors are likely caused because of s2Member using a PHP redirect. These only show up until s2Member exit()s the script, therefore allowing the redirect to happen.

I am unable to manually create the user with the username he wants because the system has it reserved for a couple days.

Is this user shown in the Users list in your WordPress Dashboard? You should be able to delete the created user and then create another.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:38 pm #33776
Buck

No, the user did not appear in the Dashboard, however I was able to correct the problem with the plugin:
User Activation Keys.

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:39 pm #33779
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Buck,

Glad to hear that you fixed your issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.