latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration doesn't work properly…

Home Forums Community Forum Registration doesn't work properly…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Justin House 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 9:06 pm #35945
Justin House
Username: jhouse

Hi there,

This is the error I get when trying to register as a new user:

“Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” The header says “WordPress Failure Notice” and goes back to the original registration url, thus “http://xxxxxxx.com/wp-login.php?action=register”

Therefore, I can’t register new accounts, nor will the confirmation email go through.

Some related notes:

1. This happens regardless if I create a free account or a paid one via PayPal. PayPal goes through just fine, but I still get stopped when registering a new account.

2. Installed the requested file, s2Member-check-my-server.php, and shows everything is okay. Did Email Functionality Test and it went through fine. Also updated the memory to 64m in my wp-config.php file, as requested.

3. Installed Email Log plugin and it shows “No Email Logs were found,” which tells me the emails aren’t even being sent. Right?

4. Under Users, it shows the newly created user/account, but the user never gets the email confirmation, complete with with their auto generated username and password, thus they can’t successfully log in.

5. Allow Open Registration is set to “Yes.”

6. If I turn off s2Member, I can successfully create a new account from the registration page, but when I turn it back on, no dice.

Other than that, this plugin is incredibly awesome. So full of features and power. It integrates perfectly with my forums (bbPress) and works well with a nifty sidebar login plugin I installed. I’ve been specializing in WordPress since ’07 and find this plugin to be one of, if not, the best. I’m definitely going to push my client to get the paid version, I think it’s well worth it.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 10:00 am #35981
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Justin,

That is strange behavior, installing s2Member should not break registration. Could you please try these common troubleshooting tips: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

You can skip the step regarding the server check file, because you already did that. :)

Please tell me how it goes,
Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm #36004
Justin House

Thank you Eduan, much much appreciated, deactivating the plugins did the trick. The problem was, oddly enough, with our own plugin, haha.

I should have followed the troubleshooting directions with respect to deactivating the plugins first. Instead, I started from the opposite end (Corrupt or Missing Files) and deleted the s2member folder and then uploaded a new one, but yeah, that didn’t fix it.

Anyways, thanks again Eduan.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 6:08 pm #36022
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No problem. Glad you were able to solve it. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:50 am #38592

Hi,

I have been getting the ‘WordPress Failure Notice’ when the user logs out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Amanda

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 1:12 pm #38594
Justin House

Yeah, try deactivating all of your plugins, except s2Member, then see if it works. If it’s not a plugin conflict, try changing your theme (use the default one for a moment) and see if that’s the issue (try this first ’cause it’s obviously faster than deactivating all the plugins). Failing that, read the troubleshooting link Eduan listed above.

Peace and good luck.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.