latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration e-mail link leads to default pg

Home Forums Community Forum Registration e-mail link leads to default pg

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 8:27 pm #30229
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Hi:

So, I used the “success=” attribute, so that the customer after payment at PayPal (using PayPal Std) arrives at my customized (by Membership Level) page where they can register. However, when they click on the link to the registration form they receive in their e-mail, it leads to default wordpress registration page (that I have customized using custom fields), as in the following URL
http://www.xyzxyzxyz.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Is there a way for even in the cases where the customer uses the e-mail link to lead them instead to the customized page I have created on my website (by Membership Level).

Thanks,

Ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:26 pm #30269

Hi Ganaxi.

You can edit the Signup Confirmation email so it has the URL of your custom registration page instead of the registration link generated by s2Member. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

Keep in mind, though, that your custom registration page won’t prevent users that didn’t pay, from registering an account when Open Registration is disabled, because the free registration pro-form doesn’t check that setting. And it doesn’t check the cookie set on checkout, that says what access he paid for either.

The deafult registration page will prevent registrations if you have disabled Open Registrations and the special link sent by s2Member in the Signup Confirmation email, is special so they are allowed the registration and given the access that was paid for.

So, if you’re selling paid access and want to use a custom registration page, sell the access using a pro-form, which will include the registration. If you use a button, then have the user register from the default registration form for it to work right.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:04 pm #30334
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

Thanks, Cristian.

I am a bit confused. Isn’t the free registration only for Members at Level 0 (in most cases, and in my case, free)?

I have allowed for Open Registration – picking among the two available options – Yes (allow Open Registration; Free Subscribers at Level #0).

As I understand, that would still restrict registration at Levels 1 and above to just paying members. Am I understanding right, that in the special case, where I allow them to register using the custom registration link sent in the e-mail that they can then gain access also to higher levels without paying. That is troublesome, and if that’s true, please confirm.

And, at least, it appears to be in conflict with the following statement in Open Registration section of the plugin, namely:
If you set this to Yes, you’re unlocking /wp-login.php?action=register. When a visitor registers without paying, they’ll automatically become a Free Subscriber, at Level #0. The s2Member software reserves Level #0; to be used ONLY for Free Subscribers. All other Membership Levels [1-4] require payment.

So, basically if the above is right, I am stuck with the default Registration Page, since I cannot use PayPal Pro Forms well with PayPal Standard, as explained in the link below, due to another limitation:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/pro-forms-with-paypal-std-for-subscriptions/
namely, that recurring payments cannot be enabled with PayPal Standard combined PayPalPro service, unless I force the users to either use or create a PayPal account.

Thanks,

Ganaxi

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:33 am #30403

Let me see if I understand correctly what you’re trying to do, then: You want to allow free registrations at level 0, and you want to sell access at level 1. You want to sell subscriptions without requiring the user to have a PayPal account.

If I got those right, then you’d have to use PayPal Standard with ERP (to not require the user to have a PayPal account), and the standard WP registration form with Open Registrations enabled.

For free registrations you could also use the free registrations pro-form, but you risk having some users that after checkout go register there by mistake (instead of the default WP registration page) and not get the higher level they paid for.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.