latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration for existing users

Home Forums Community Forum Registration for existing users

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 5:26 pm #4781

We’re using Authorize.net for WP, a plugin that helps us accept donations. Ran into a problem between s2member and that plugin that I wondered if you could speak to:

When someone donates with Authorize.net for WP, the plugin creates an account and username for them where their username is the same as their email address.

Then if that person later decides to register as a member, WP won’t allow it because “that email address is already registered”.

Is there a way to find that account that is tied to the email address and then simply upgrade that account during the registration process?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:22 pm #5062
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.
~ I sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

It sounds like that 3rd-party application might need to make use of this WP function.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/username_exists

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #5064
Staff Member

We’ll be happy to assist in any way that we can. Feel free to invite the developer of this other plugin to write in through our Community Support Forums, or investigate the core WP function I mentioned.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 6:43 pm #5090

So the user first donates and Auth.Net WP creates an account for him, then if you want him to upgrade through s2Member, he’d need to be logged in to that account.

For an account upgrade to happen, the user has to be logged in to his account or s2Member will assume he doesn’t have one and will take him to the registration page after payment.

Does that help?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 4:14 pm #6685

OK, yes that helps. So as long as they are able to log in to their previously created account, then s2member can upgrade their membership using the upgrade forms that I’ve created. Got it.

Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 2:58 am #6739

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.