latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Form – Submit button

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Form – Submit button

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:32 pm #19870

Is it possible to change the label (ie, what the button says) on the Registration Form via the general Options panel?

Right now the button at the bottom of my clients registration form says “Register”. He wants it to say ‘SUBMIT”

If it is not possible via the General Options panel can someone tell me which WP file I need to edit?
I am drawing a blank…. cant remember where that freaking file is that has the reg form on it in the WP file structure

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 9:17 am #19897
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Alissa,

I believe the following file has the info you need:
wp-login.php, it is in WordPress’ main folder.

Also, I believe you would have to go to line 551, it should look something like this:

<p class="submit"><input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="wp-submit" class="button-primary" value="<?php esc_attr_e('Register'); ?>" tabindex="100" /></p>

So now, change it to this:

<p class="submit"><input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="wp-submit" class="button-primary" value="<?php esc_attr_e('Submit'); ?>" tabindex="100" /></p>

Please tell me how it goes. Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:03 am #20087

Thank you Eduan
That worked perfectly!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #20133
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome Alissa, glad to be able to help. :)

One little thing, this will have to be done every time you update WordPress, so you would have to do the following:

1. Create a PHP file named “button-hack.php” (without the double quotes).

2. In that file put the following:

<?php
if(strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/wp-login.php') === true) {
	add_filter('gettext', 'my_translations', 10, 3);

function my_translations($translated, $original, $domain) {
		if($original === 'Register')
			$translated = 'Submit';

return $translated;
	}
}

3. Put that file in the folder called mu-plugins, which you can find under wp-content/mu-plugins.

Now I’m not sure if this will work, but pretty sure it will, have done it before with a different text.

This will ensure the text will always get replaced, even if you update WordPress.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.