latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration link expired

Home Forums Community Forum Registration link expired

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:33 pm #30523

Hi

I have seen a few posts here on registration link expiring. I got so far one complaint (website just went live) on this issue but I have not seen a satisfactory solution yet that seems to work in the posts.

In my case, I logged in and saw that the user did successfully register after being automatically re-directed back to s2member from paypal. Apparently he then tried to click on the link that was sent to him in another e-mail.

So, 2 questions:

– If this should happen again and the customer was *not* able to successfully register, what is the real solution?
– Should I send you the s2member logs so that you can determine if all is well? I peeked in the logs but did not see anything odd with this registration.

Thanks
Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 8:14 am #30542

I am having similar issues. Is there any way to extend the link expiration period for confirmation of new registrants with auto generated passwords?

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 8:48 am #30544

Hi Colin.

– If this should happen again and the customer was *not* able to successfully register, what is the real solution?

I don’t know what’s causing the problem in your case. Do other members register fine with the access link sent to them in the signup confirmation email?

You can try using a different URL shortening service (e.g. goo.gl). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service[/hilite]

In my case, I logged in and saw that the user did successfully register after being automatically re-directed back to s2member from paypal. Apparently he then tried to click on the link that was sent to him in another e-mail.

So what was the error he had? From what you say, he did register successfuly after returning from PayPal, but couldn’t register with the link from the email? That’d probably be because he had already registered with the credentials s2Member set after checkout for his registration.

– Should I send you the s2member logs so that you can determine if all is well? I peeked in the logs but did not see anything odd with this registration.

Sure, you can send them if you want. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 8:53 am #30546

Hi Chris.

I am having similar issues. Is there any way to extend the link expiration period for confirmation of new registrants with auto generated passwords?

You can try another shortening service for the links. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service[/hilite]

Or do you mean after they register the account and get sent the New User email with the password? That password won’t expire.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.