latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration link working after registration

Home Forums Community Forum Registration link working after registration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 11th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #7864

Hello, don’t know, may be it’s my bad but I just tested a simple functional: pay for registration, remove user and using his signup link – I can register using this link.

I have two questions:
How to limit a time before link will be marked as expired?
Or how to block registration in above case?

Thank you,
Tivereh

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 8:33 pm #8066
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I may be suffering from lack of sleep, but what do you mean you are using his signup link?

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 2:58 pm #8147

I may be suffering from lack of sleep, but what do you mean you are using his signup link?

I had made a test payment for 0.01, after that I had registered with new link (coming to email) and after successfull registration I am able to register again using link from email.

Here is a test case:
1) Made a test payment, check e-mail.
2) Click on register link.
3) Register yourself or allow your friend to do it.
4) Repeat step 2.
5) Repeat step 3.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 3:29 pm #8151
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I believe that the link you click on sets a cookie. If that is the case, have you tried clicking on the link from another computer and registering, or clearing your cache between registering?

If that works, then we just need to find a way to disable the cookie after registration… or… there is another issue.

Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Dave

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.