latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Notification not working

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Notification not working

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 5:19 am #47597
Achim Geissel
Username: agssl

Hi,

I try to connect s2member and campaign monitor. I want to push the user data to campaign monitor for each new registration. So I’e got a working script (if browsed diretly by the url) … but it’s not working if I point to the url by s2member registration notification. I have read all the articles about the notifications, but can’t find a answer.

I entered http://***/s2_registration_notification.php?s2_registration_notification=yes at API – Notifications -> Registration Notifications

The Script looks like:

'***(MYAPIKEY)***');
$wrap = new CS_REST_Subscribers('***(MYLIST)***', $auth);

$result = $wrap->add(array(
   'EmailAddress' => 'just@testing.de',
   'Name' => 'Dummy'
));

}} ?>

As described, the script works well if the script URL is entered in the browser, but it doesn’t work after the registration. I only got forwarded to the success page.

This is the shortcode for the registration form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="myurl" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" success="/thank-you" /]

I hope someone can help me!

Best regards,
Achim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:32 pm #47633
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Are you running any logging routines? Is it possible that your script is timing out when run through s2Member processes?

Also, I would recommend checking to see if your server is allowing loopback connections, which can sometimes cause errors. Try using the information provided in this post:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-success-return-url-not-working/#post-22492

You’ll want to create the directory and file Cristian mentions in the post.

If your server is allowing loopbacks, we can start debugging your site by having you run the s2Member Server Scanner.

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 1:35 am #47647
Achim Geissel

Thank you so much. I solved the problem with the log files. Campaign monitor said that the email is invalid … I had to use htmlentities in the script … now it works :)

$email = htmlentities($_GET['user_email']);
Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 1:37 am #47648
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you so much. I solved the problem with the log files. Campaign monitor said that the email is invalid … I had to use htmlentities in the script … now it works :)

Glad to hear you figured out the issue. :-)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 3:19 am #47652
Achim Geissel

Just an additional question: I’m searching for a similar notification function for profile updates. So if a user is changing his email-address etc., I want to use a script, similar to the script above.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:32 am #47663
Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:15 am #47667
Achim Geissel

Perfect! Thank you Cristián … works!

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:08 am #47769

Great. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.