latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

registration_errors filter hook not working

Home Forums Community Forum registration_errors filter hook not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:29 am #52284

I need a custom user field that is available during registration but not available when a user edits their profile. So I added it the regular WordPress way and not as an s2Member extra field. I’ve also added some validation using WordPress’ registration_errors filter hook which works in a regular copy of WordPress. However when s2Member is active it overrides the normal WordPress login screen and seems to do it’s own error checking, ignoring anything I’ve added through the registration_errors filter hook.

How do I add registration form validation for a custom field not created using s2Member?

Is there a way to prevent s2Member overriding the registration form so I can use the regular WordPress registration form, but still include any fields created using s2Member? This would be my preference.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 24th, 2013 at 10:57 pm #52509

Chris, you can have s2 profile fields that show up during registration only and not the profile page. In the settings for the field, you’ll see one labelled “Allow Profile Edits”.

About adding your own fields to the pro-form, see: http://www.s2member.com/kb/pro-forms/#custom-data-w-pro-forms

About server-side validation of custom fields: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registering-without-required-fields/#post-10707

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.