latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration/Payment – How to manage it?

Home Forums Community Forum Registration/Payment – How to manage it?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 8:24 pm #13829

Hi folks,

So users on my site can process 2 types of ‘Membership levels’. The ‘memberships’ have some registration fields in common but others are specific to each one. The membership level does not affect the access to the website, it is only for offline purposes.

The tricky part is that for the both memberships, I have different pricing tiers (full membership, student, retired, fellows, renewals, overseas, etc)

So effectively the membership levels and pricing structure… please see example below:

Membership Type 1

Pricing
Full: $20
Student: $10
Fellow: $12
Retired: $10

Membership Type 2

Pricing
Current member: $100
New member: $130

Ideally what I’d like to do, is first ask what type of payment the user wants to do, (Membership type 1 or 2) then let them choose the pricing tier that applies to them and finally show the appropriate registration form with the custom fields that are required for each membership/price tier.

Is there a way to do this? Or a suggested workaround?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Marco Delgado.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:37 pm #13919

Hi Marco.

I think you could do something like this:

1) Ask the person to pick the Membership Type, clicking one of two links, which would take to a separate page each.

2) Ask the person to pick the right price, clicking the link for it, which would take to the registration page.

3) The registration page would be the same for all, but change based on the choices made earlier. Those choices would add variables to the URL when loading this page, which you would use to customize the shortcode for the pro-form to register. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

If you know AJAX, you can merge the first two steps into one, probably all three, but I’m not sure because I don’t know much JavaScript.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.