latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Remote auth not functioning

Home Forums Community Forum Remote auth not functioning

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Arthur Klein 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 1:39 am #14665
Ken Kaplan
Username: dawghouse

I’m having a problem with the remote authorization. I’ve followed all the download tips and whenever a remote auth is tried with a level 1 verified user the username/password box comes right back up as if the username or password is incorrect – it is not.

This is the link that’s being used:

http://dawghouseradio.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-remote/s2member-file-inline/bonus_segments/dawghouseradioprem.xml

If I’m logged in and use the link the feed displays fine – if not logged in no verified user’s login will work. I’ve tried everything I can find in the forums and nothing works.

The site is working fine – it’s only the remote auth that is having issues – but until I get it working I cannot submit to sites that require the feed.

Suggestions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #14700
Ken Kaplan

Here’s a test user so you can see what I’m seeing. The user is authorized to level 1 (only have 0 and 1) – when logged in the link works fine…when logged out it just keeps rejecting the username/password.

username: testuser
password: usertest

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 6:47 pm #14708
Ken Kaplan

Found a fix myself – disabling FastCGI solved the issue.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 7:37 pm #14779
Ken Kaplan

Now that Remote Header Authorization is working, I’m having a problem with iTunes. Using either the form

?s2member_file_remote=”yes”&s2member_file_inline=”yes”&s2member_file_download=*filename*

-or-

s2member-files/s2member-file-remote/s2member-file=inline/*filename*

works when using the iTunes Advanced/Subscribe to Podcast

However when actually doing a submit to iTunes of the podcast it fails consistently with either a 404 or an xml error (that isn’t really there.)

Has anyone successfully submitted a protected feed to iTunes – and I mean submitting it for inclusion in the iTunes library, not verifying it by subscribing to it directly.

Ken

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:55 am #26709
meets2
Username: meets2

Has anyone successfully submitted a protected feed to iTunes

I think the issue is that you cannot submit a protected feed to the iTunes Podcast directory.

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:51 pm #26737
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You can’t have protected files with iTunes, at least s2Member is not integrated that way. So if you want to integrate s2Member with iTunes you would have to contact Apple, and ask them if it’s possible.

Although from what I know, integrating with iTunes is not possible, at least if you’re not an app.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 5:33 pm #32831

Remote Authorization using a mob rewrite and blubrry is working with iTunes. When subscribing it asks for s2member login & password. But i can’t get it to work on any of the android podcast player apps or iPad itunes. on the android players it sees the podcast it subscribes fine with no password and when you try to download it has file not found error. How can i get user name and password into play on androids and itunes on ipad & iphone…. please help…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.