latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Remove "Last Name" Field on Open Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Remove "Last Name" Field on Open Registration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 8:17 pm #38756
Mack Biggs
Username: MackBIggs

What’s the best way to remove only the “Last Name” Field of the default form for Open Registration?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:46 am #39174
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

When you say “the default form for Open Registration?”, are you referring to the registration form available at /wp-login.php?action=register, or s2Member’s Free Registration Forms?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 12:35 pm #39187
Mack Biggs
Username: MackBIggs

Sorry for the confusion. I need to have the last name removed from the Registration process. I an using the PayPal Pro registration form.

I have copied the PayPal Pro form into my theme’s directory and will be modifying it there.

My client wants it to be the Landing page with the least amount of input:
First Name
E-Mail address
Choose a password

Thanks in advance for your support.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:37 am #39321
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Removing the Last Name only (from a Pro Form template) will not work as expected. Even if you remove the Last Name field from display, server-side validation will fail, because the Last Name was not entered. I suppose you could fake a Last Name through a hidden input field though; if you don’t mind fake Last Names showing up in the Dashboard for each User. Maybe something like a period “.” would be easier to deal with.

You will need to edit your Custom Pro Form template.
Please see: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.