latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Remove "S2member" from URL of Protected pages

Home Forums Community Forum Remove "S2member" from URL of Protected pages

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:01 am #22102

How do I remove “s2member” from the URL of protected pages – and add my own branding?

Thank you

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Derek Little.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #22122
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Derek,

If I understand what you mean, you would have to change all of s2Member’s code for that, or a lot of parts of it, cause that tells s2Member that the user should not be able to access that page.

Could you please post an example so that I can answer exactly? Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #22138

Just wondering if there’s a way to remove “s2member_seeking” from the url….

http://transparencysite.com

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:50 pm #22144
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No that is not possible I’m afraid, you would have to change s2Member itself to remove this, and not in just 1 place. :/

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #22147

ok, I’ll live with it

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:35 am #22202

Just wondering if there’s a way to remove “s2member_seeking” from the url….

You mean the Membership Options Page vars? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

There isn’t a setting to remove them, but if you don’t use them and it really bothers you to see them, you could create a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file to remove the variables from the URL to your Membership Options page. You can Google how to do the mod_rewrite rules.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:05 am #22235

My only concern is that a client or a competitor will see S2member, look your site up in google, and start to pick apart how I build my sites.

If my websites become really popular it might be an issue, but not yet.

So yes, if I could somehow rewrite the url for even the membership options page, that would solve most of my problems.

I’ll have ot hire someone to do this though, I’m not a coder.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 6:02 am #22306

Got it. A coder for this should not be expensive, it’d be a simple rule from what I understand. I’m not familiar with rewrite rules, otherwise I’d be happy to help with it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.