latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Remove s2member's JavaScript form validation?

Home Forums Community Forum Remove s2member's JavaScript form validation?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  TJ 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 22nd, 2013 at 9:21 pm #60538
TJ
Username: wellwater

s2member’s Authorize.Net/PayPal Pro Form JavaScript validation is robust and appears to operate well. It loads the script dynamically via php through this sort of URL:

https://www.example.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php?

A year ago a previous user asked if it’s possible to remove s2member’s default JavaScript and to roll their own:
https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/disable-s2members-js-validation-for-my-own/

Raam replied:

The applicable hooks can be found here, however I know that the JavaScript is required for the Pro-Forms, so you’ll need to look at the code to see how it works and make your modifications from there.

When I tested s2member Pro Form checkout with JavaScript disabled, it appears that s2member’s back-end PHP validation successfully caught everything that client-side JavaScript would have caught. Therefore it seems like s2member’s JavaScript form validation (while excellent) isn’t strictly necessary?

So, is what Raam said still correct? That “JavaScript is required for Pro-Form”? Is it doing something I’m overlooking?

If I remove it entirely is s2member able to process and run Authorize.Net and PayPal transactions successfully?

Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.