latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Removing Open Registration Setting

Home Forums Community Forum Removing Open Registration Setting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:43 pm #9839
ASTONISH
Username: astonish

Hi!
During pre-launch of my site, I was allowing users to register as level 0 members, in order that they may join our mailing list, and then can transition to level 1 subscribers now that the site is launched. I no longer want free registrations to be available (only signing up as a paid member), so I plan to switch to Not Allow Open Registration under the s2member options. BEFORE I do that, however, I want to make sure that there will be no problems with my existing members that are still at Level 0. That level will still exist and function, it will just no longer be available for sign-up, correct? Also, when a member is delinquent, they will be demoted to Level 0. This will still work properly, despite Open Registration being closed? I just don’t want to flip that switch until I hear confirmation from you that it won’t mess anything up for my members!
Also, is there a way to hide the ‘free’ members from the buddypress member’s directory list, and only have level 1 and over showing? I’m not sure if that is beyond the scope of this forum’s support, as it’s buddypress related, but it’s part of the integration of the two plugins that I’m trying to figure out.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:23 am #9859

Sure, the Open Registration setting only prevents/allows free registrations, it doesn’t touch the roles (Subscriber, s2member Level 0).

So those at that level already, or demoted to it, won’t be affected, it’ll only prevent new free registrations if you change the setting to No.

Right, it’d be best to ask the BuddyPress guys, since you’re trying to filter the users list by role. That’s not something s2Member includes in its integration.

I hopet that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:50 pm #9985
ASTONISH
Username: astonish

And it won’t have any effect on the paid subscription process that I’ve set up with Pro-forms, correct?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:57 am #10025

No, no effect. The Open Registration setting applies only to free registrations with the regular WP registration form. Pro-forms bypass it, even the free registration pro-form. The setting doesn’t apply to paid registrations, because upon return from payment, s2Member sets a cookie that’ll identify him as a paying customer and let him register, or the user will use the special link s2Member sends in the confirmation email, which also lets the person register, regardless of the Open Registration setting, cause he’s a user that paid.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.