latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Removing pay w/ Paypal option?

Home Forums Community Forum Removing pay w/ Paypal option?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 3:50 pm #24371
Dean Horob
Username: nhorob67

How can I remove the pay w/ Paypal option/checkbox?

I’m having issues with users paying with Paypal and the support staff at Paypal is clueless so I simply want to remove that option. How do I do that?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #24373
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dean,

What payment gateway are you using? If you’re using then it is not possible to remove this (PayPal’s rules or something).

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:00 pm #24375
Dean Horob

I am using Paypal. That’s too bad!

I’ve lost a few hundred dollars of business due to this error: “Error #36. Transaction failed: Fail to obtain
approval for the online transaction”

I read some previous posts and It looked like I needed to enable recurring payments on my normal Paypal account in addition to my Payflow account but their support staff told me everything is running like its supposed to. Frustrating….

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #24380
Eduan

Yeah their support is really bad. :(

So if I understood correctly, you are currently using PayPal Payflow as your gateway correct?

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:38 pm #24387
Dean Horob

Yes, I am using Paypal Payflow (manager.paypal.com).

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:11 pm #24426
Eduan

Then have you made sure to configure it with the Payflow API? Check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Payflow® Account Details, if you configured it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details then it won’t actually work. Just something to make sure of.

Also, please make sure to activate logging under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Payflow® Account Details -› Logging, and then please post here the logs of those transactions, make sure to X out any private/personal info.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #24427
Dean Horob

where can I find the logs?

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:45 pm #24439
Eduan

You can find them under wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs if I remember right. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 6:16 am #24498

Hi Dean.

Yes, I am using Paypal Payflow (manager.paypal.com).

s2Member doesn’t support PayFlow Pro yet. It supports PayPal Pro (PayFlow Edition), which is PayPal Pro, not PayFlow Pro. Some PayPal Pro accounts use the PayFlow API, while others use the PayPal Pro API. It’s a mess PayPal created with the names…

Maybe this is where the error is coming from. You need PayPal Pro to accept payments on site with the s2Member pro-forms for PayPal.

s2Member will support PayFlow Pro in the future (some months), it’s not read yet.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:36 am #24528
Dean Horob

I’m actually not sure which Paypal I have given all of the different names. All I know is that processing credit cards works fine but not Paypal.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:41 am #24612

Oh, so you can take credit card payments on your site without a problem with the pro-form? Then I guess you have PayPal Pro… So the problem you’re having is with Express Checkout? Do you have Express Checkout enabled in your PayPal account?

Could you please send us your log files? Or send and FTP login and I can get the logs from there. That way I can look at the log entries for the transaction you mention with the problem. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 2:05 pm #25836
Josh Fonner
Username: roamlife

I’m also having issues with the changes Paypal made regarding the new Payflow functionality (fortunately, my client isn’t livid (yet)). My Client talked to Paypal support and they essentially told her she should have her developer use their Payflow sdk doc to sort things out (she’s got a Paypal Pro account). I’ve looked at the old request an api settings at Paypal, but nowhere do they provide an option to request Payflow API credentials. They only provide an option to request the normal api credentials. I’ve also looked at her account in manager.paypal.com, but couldn’t find any method of requesting Payflow API credentials.

1. She’s using the latest version of S2member Pro, and the Payflow tab (and settings) does show up.
  2. The instructions in that tab reference At PayPal®, see: Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials) -> Payflow® API Access. That’s obviously incorrect at this point in time.
  3. I read elsewhere ( Removing pay w/ Paypal option? ) that you guys are months away from having a viable fix for the Payflow Pro option, and am not sure how that will impact my client in the near term since I’m just not familiar enough with Payflow yet.

What can be done to get this straightened out? Sure could use a detailed response here.

Thanks,

Jan C.
najnehoc@yahoo.com

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 8:39 am #25934

Hi Jan.

am not sure how that will impact my client in the near term since I’m just not familiar enough with Payflow yet.

You mentioned that your client has PayPal Pro, not PayFlow Pro. PayPal Pro has a PayFlow edition, because it uses the PayFlow API. Not every PayPal Pro user has that one, though, since that’s relatively new, PayPal Pro used to just use the PayPal Pro API. I’m sorry for the names mess, it’s confusing.

But your integration won’t be affected by the new PayFlow Pro integration in s2Member when it gets released.

I’ve looked at the old request an api settings at Paypal, but nowhere do they provide an option to request Payflow API credentials.

Check with PayPal if the PayPal Pro account your customer has, is the PayFlow edition or not. If it isn’t, then you don’t need to fill out the fields for it under [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow Account Details[/hilite]

My Client talked to Paypal support and they essentially told her she should have her developer use their Payflow sdk doc to sort things out (she’s got a Paypal Pro account).

If that means she has PayPal Pro (PayFlow Edition), then fill out the fields for it. This video may be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jOq2MRTVQ

Let me know if that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:30 am #25962
Josh Fonner
Username: roamlife

Thanks for the info, Cristián. I’m pretty sure she’s got one of the newer accounts, since the PP support rep shared that sdk doc with her, but I’m having her double check that now.

Pretty sneaky what Paypal did, adding an “enhanced recurring billing” functionality that costs an additional $30/month on top of the “Paypal Pro” fee.

Question: once I get this sorted out, if she does have to use Payflow (which will probably be the case), should I do away with the API info in the standard panel?

Cheers,

Jan C.

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 7:26 am #26033

Question: once I get this sorted out, if she does have to use Payflow (which will probably be the case), should I do away with the API info in the standard panel?

I’m not sure what you mean by “do away”. If she does have the PayFlow Edition of PayPal Pro, you will need to fill out the fields in the PayFlow Account Details panel, as well as the PayPal Account Details ones.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow Account Details[/hilite]

Pretty sneaky what Paypal did, adding an “enhanced recurring billing” functionality that costs an additional $30/month on top of the “Paypal Pro” fee.

I agree with you.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.