latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Request for New Feature – Appointments

Home Forums Community Forum Request for New Feature – Appointments

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Randy King 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 am #43617
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

OK, Jason – I know it’s not strictly a membership thing, but I would LOVE to see an appointment calendar add-on for s2Member using the same PayPal integration. Simply stated, it would allow specification of service locations, practitioners, and services with varying prices. Practitioner availability could be specified on a daily/hourly basis, and the customer would see open times to book. Payment would be taken and booking confirmed, setting membership levels and custom capabilities in the process. I would pay for an add-on piece like this!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:22 am #43763

Hi Randy.

I’ll pass your request on to Jason. :)

Have you looked for other plugins that may already do this? Maybe there are some already, and perhaps one of them lets you -or you can hack it so it- gives the user certain capabilities/role on purchase.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:08 am #43770
Randy King

Oh, yeah – I spent 2 full days evaluating various plugins. Most have no clue about decent PayPal integration, if they have any at all. And the costs are insane for the spirit of WordPress. One plugin that was OK, kept choosing the wrong date (off-by-one error) and they wanted $49 for 30 days! The WPMUdev group looks they have a good one, but it’s $15/mo single or you can become a member for $480 a year, and no way to try it out.

The trouble with most of them is that you can’t see any problems in a full implementation until you’ve thrown down 49 or 99 bucks to unlock the features that you need, and the support forums don’t look like they are fixing earlier problems. And most of them use a bait-and-switch model from “free” to 99 bucks if you want to book, say, more than 3 appointments a week. That kind of crap generates huge bad will and I don’t trust someone to do what they say they are going to do after that.

The stuff you guys write is incredibly well documented and supported and it appears that you actually look at how something could be used in the design of it. LOL!

I’m developing for small organizations for lower costs, and I can’t afford a $99 mistake, at least not at the moment. I told the client that she’s going to have to book things manually after customer pays for the time being and she’s OK with that – we won’t be automating until something decent comes up.

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 5:35 pm #43998

Ah, yes, I know what you’re talking about. And thanks for the kudos! :D

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 4:08 pm #44743
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

So sorry for the delayed response Randy. I will certainly consider this for future development. Currently we are working hard on the next major release of s2; but after that I will see what I can do about this. We have plans to add support for several new things in the future.

Thanks for the KUDOS :-) I’m flattered.

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 11:09 am #44982
Randy King

Thanks, Jason – you guys rock. Seriously, this is some of the most rock-solid robust software on the web for WordPress. As soon as I figure out how to seamlessly integrate Infusionsoft bi-directionally, I will be set. They use an XML engine for their API. I may want to just hire out the development of a plugin to do this.

Thanks again, we all love what you guys are up to!

Randy

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.