latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Require Custom Capabilities Metabox Issue

Home Forums Community Forum Require Custom Capabilities Metabox Issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:47 am #23640
Daisy Peel
Username: daisypeel

Hi there,

Using the latest pro – when I put in multiple ccaps, comma separated, in the metabox on a page/post that says Require Custom Capabilities, it doesn’t seem to work for any but the first ccap I’ve entered. Please advise.

Thanks,
Daisy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:12 am #23680

Hi Daisy.

It probably has something to do with the customizations you’ve done… Could you test this in a clean installation of WP with s2Member? :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:03 am #23701
Daisy Peel
Username: daisypeel

I set up a clean install at wpdev.daisypeel.com

Four Pages:
Sample Page – that’s the membership options page
Test 1-2 – users with custom capabilities of test1,test2 specified in the metabox
Test 1 – users with ccap test1 specified
Test 2 – users with ccap test2 specified

When logged in as user Test1, I can view page Test1, but not Test 1-2 or Test 2.
When logged in as user Test2, I can view page Test2, but not Test 1-2 or Test 1.

No other plugins installed. I can give you admin access to my live site if you like, but this behavior is reproducible on my clean install.

Thanks,
Daisy

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:23 am #23767

Thanks, Daisy, I understand now what you were reporting. :)

When logged in as user Test1, I can view page Test1, but not Test 1-2 or Test 2.

The ccaps in the metabox of the post will all be required to access the page, they aren’t one or the other, they are one and the other.

I hope that helps understand the problem you are having.

You’d need to go hacking the source files to change this behavior, but I don’t know the exact places to do it without doing some hours of code browsing.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.