latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Modifications necessary

Home Forums Community Forum Modifications necessary

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 12:49 am #5310
Akuta
Username: Akuta

I have a project that I want to setup exactly like https://buy.louisck.net/ except instead of listing a single buy button for 1 video, there will be multiple videos for sale.

Could anyone clarify how close this software is out-of-the-box to complete that setup? I’ve never used WordPress or s2member before so I’m unsure how much modification will be necessary.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Akuta.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 4:22 am #5342

Hello Akuta.

Are you trying to sell access to a bundle of videos online? Then you can use a Level 1 restriction to protect all the pages/posts where those videos are embedded and sell the Level 1 access to your users.

You can also protect the files with s2Member to require the person trying to download, to be at Level 1. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Download Options[/hilite]

[video playlist="60ABE396BBEC4FD6" width="663" height="400" start="0" show_etag="yes" /]

I hope that helps. :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Updated embed tag width to 100% and height o 375px
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jason (Lead Developer). Reason: Updated to video tag
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #5410
Akuta
Username: Akuta

Thanks. I see Amazon S3 is supported… is the ability to add expire links with S3 already a feature?

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 12:59 am #5446

Yes, you can read the documentation for it here: [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Downloads Options -> Amazon S3[/hilite]

Dev Note w/Technical Details: s2Member uses “Query String Authentication”, provided by the Amazon® S3 API. Documented for developers here. To put it simply, s2Member will generate S3 authenticated redirect URLs ( internally ); which allow Customers temporary access to specific files inside your S3 Bucket. s2Member’s Query String Authentication through Amazon® S3 gives a Customer 30 seconds to connect to the file inside your S3 Bucket ( i.e. the automatic redirection URL ). This connection period of 30 seconds is largely irrelevant when used in combination with s2Member. It just needs to be a low value, to further prevent any possibility of S3 authenticated link sharing. If you need to change this connection timeout of [hilite mono]30 seconds[/hilite] for some reason ( not likely ), you can use this WordPress® Filter: [hilite mono]ws_plugin__s2member_amazon_s3_file_expires_time[/hilite]. If you need help, please check the s2Member Forums.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.