latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict Access to single level not Higher

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict Access to single level not Higher

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 8:51 pm #14372

Hi there
I have a problem. the site I’m using the plugin on has 6 levels of membership, of which all access different blog categories. However the issue is, if they are paying for level 2, they should only get access to category 2, not category 1 + 2. If they are paying for level 3, they should only access category 3, not category 1 + 2 + 3.

does anyone know how I can achieve this with the plugin??

Its a simply setup im using of just the paypal button.

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:46 pm #14379
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nicole,

Have you tried using s2Member conditionals?

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals, and here Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals.

You can find a KBA about it here:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 10:07 pm #14385

Hi Eduan,
yes I had a look at this however what is then stopping someone from chaning the URL to access pages I don’t want them to..

eg If they are level 2, they should only be able to access http://www.domain.com/level2, but what is stopping them from changing the URL to http://www.domain.com/level1 which they can and would then freely access this content

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 7:18 am #14463

Hi Nicole.

In [hilite mono]/level1[/hilite] you’d need to have a conditional that shows the content to Level 1 only, [hilite mono]/level2[/hilite] conditional for Level 2, etc.

That said, you can try customizing the s2Member Level roles removing the access capabilities to the other levels. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 7:28 pm #14515

The problem is, if I have a post that level 1 can see, but also level 4 and I control them by category restriction (so one post with 2 categories assigned) then it takes the restiction of the highest level (level 4) so level 1 members cannot see the post.

The work around i’ve done is to set all posts regardless of the membership level to Level 1 access. then using conditional statments manually enter the URLs for the categories/pages that only that level can view. Not the most secure method but the only way i can see it working.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 6:53 am #14552

Cool! I’m glad you found a way to make it work for you.

We’re working on improving this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.