latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict all content, except a few pages?

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict all content, except a few pages?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:43 pm #42763

Greetings,

Just went Pro, but I’m a very new S2 user. Right now, I’m trying to restrict assess to everything on my site to Level 1 members. But, I want a few pages to be open to non-registered views. So, people accessing the site for the first time can checkout the “Getting Starting”, “Sample”, and a few other pages.

This seems simple, but within the restrictions settings, I see I can say “all”, to level 1, but there’s no option to open up content to non-registered users on a per-page basis?

Sorry if this is something I’m overlooking, I searched the forum and didn’t find the answer I was looking for.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:18 am #42822

Hi Luke.

This is not possible in s2Member yet, but it’s in our feature requests list and we plan to implement it in the future.

You could try creating a customization with a hack that checks if the page’s ID is one of those you want to whitelist and, if so, let the user access it. Try using the [hilite mono]wp_loaded[/hilite] hook [hilite mono]get_the_ID[/hilite] function.

Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/wp_loaded
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_ID

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:32 am #42827

Hum, I’m definitely not a coder! So the alternative solution right now is to manually add all the page ID’s that I want block? I can do some URI blocking too I think.

In terms of feature implementation, is love to be able to select “open access” or something from the S2 dropdown on the page edit screen. I’m down with manually entering non-blocked page ID’s though.

Any ETA on this?

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:09 am #42835

Hum, I’m definitely not a coder! So the alternative solution right now is to manually add all the page ID’s that I want block? I can do some URI blocking too I think.

Cool. Yeah, that’d be best then.

You can use URI restrictions for some bulk protection, as well as tag and category restrictions. Then leave out of those the ones you want publicly accessible.

Any ETA on this?

No, none yet.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.