latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict latest posts and ltd time free acces

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict latest posts and ltd time free acces

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 5:35 am #52177

We have some specific (and probably simple) questions. I’m sure it is there somewhere- but since I can’t find it anywhere on KB/Forums, I need your help to find clear, precise, step by step answers (I am no techie):

We have a content site that is currently free- but we want to make it paid access, and have bought S2 member Pro

1) Latest post restriction: We want that latest posts (say upto 15 or 20 days old) should be available to registered members only. For these latest posts, only post excerpts should be visible to public – but full content only to paid members (can we set the limit of words visible?)
Posts older than 15 days could be freely accessible to public (no restriction).
How can we restrict access to latest posts? We do not want to do it post by post- just automatically- latest post ONLY available to registered users except for a excerpt- the length of which WE set.

2) Free trial period: Registered users get Free full access for 2 weeks after which they have to become paid members

3) Special rates: We want to give special rates to some institutions. As an example- if you are a individual user you pay $5/month; but for institutions, because they can get more members in bulk, they will be given a special price- say $4.50/month per user. Is the best way to do this is to generate a coupon code for every institution and then give it to them for dissemination within their institution? So that everyone who uses the coupon code given to that institution will automatically get the discounted price? How does this work? Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help. Been trying to find these answers since long- but rummaging through forums and videos could not get us clear answers. Being safe by directly asking and hoping we get the answers.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:39 pm #52227
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

1) Latest post restriction: We want that latest posts (say upto 15 or 20 days old) should be available to registered members only. For these latest posts, only post excerpts should be visible to public – but full content only to paid members (can we set the limit of words visible?)
How can we restrict access to latest posts? We do not want to do it post by post- just automatically- latest post ONLY available to registered users except for a excerpt- the length of which WE set.

This isn’t possible by default. You’d have to have custom code written to do this automatically. Sorry about that.

2) Free trial period: Registered users get Free full access for 2 weeks after which they have to become paid members

You can have a trial set on Free Registration Pro Forms, and Paid Membership Level # Forms.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

3) Special rates: We want to give special rates to some institutions. As an example- if you are a individual user you pay $5/month; but for institutions, because they can get more members in bulk, they will be given a special price- say $4.50/month per user. Is the best way to do this is to generate a coupon code for every institution and then give it to them for dissemination within their institution? So that everyone who uses the coupon code given to that institution will automatically get the discounted price? How does this work? Is there a better way to do this?

This sounds like a good way to handle this. You can use s2Member’s Coupon Codes to lower your checkout price and give out coupon codes to your clients.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 10:20 pm #52256

Thanks Bruce for your prompt response.
1) Latest post restriction: WoW! I was so confident that this feature would be there that I did not bother to even check first before buying. This seemed like a basic, no brainer feature that most news sites would want.
Hmmm..that lands us in a soup. Let me check in the community forum where I hope someone has already done this sort of a thing.

2) For the Free Trial Period- let me check- seems like a lot of documentation there too. Will spend some time reading and hopefully being able to implement.

Thanks for all your help, Bruce. Anyone else or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:47 am #52286

You could do this with conditionals. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

It’d have to be added to each post, unless you customized the template for the posts and had the conditional there, so it’d be applied to every post.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.