latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrict WP Profile to the owner with URIs

Home Forums Community Forum Restrict WP Profile to the owner with URIs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 7:31 pm #14714

I have S2-pro on WordPress (not Buddypress). I want to restrict profile view to the owner and admins. Right now I just have /users/ restricted to levee 1, and because I randomly assign usernames, this mostly works: security through obscurity, as it were.

Still, I’d rather have it be a bit more secure.

I love, love, love S2. I use it with a Wootheme called SupportPress. Perfect match.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 5:50 am #14757

Thanks for the kudos, Rick! Very happy you’re loving s2Member. :)

You can protect the /users/ URL with the URI restriction, but that won’t let you make a distinction between the owner of the profile or someone else. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

What you can do is add a conditional to the template for the profile page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.