latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricted Page isn't protected from widget

Home Forums Community Forum Restricted Page isn't protected from widget

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Yuka 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 11th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #61822
Yuka
Username: yuka

I’ve recently discover a bug and want to report.
I created a Restricted Page which has a download link(customer has to buy with BuyNow button) using “Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions” feature.
This buying process is working fine. We have already sold some.

I discovered that we used a “search” widget at sidebar and typed the keywords relates to the download link, the restricted page is showed up as a one of the search result. So it’s not guarded at all within the site search. I could click and download file without buying.
It’s protected from search engines but not “search” widget within own site.

I’m using one the MysiteMyway’s theme and a “search” widget is theme’s default. I stopped using this widget.
I wanted to report this since you recommended MysiteMyway’s theme.

Is there any solution for this?
Thank you for your help.
Yuka

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 11th, 2013 at 8:03 pm #61841
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

What search widget are you using?

Have you made sure to check all the options in the Restrition Options -> Alternateive View Protection?

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:34 pm #61863
Yuka
Username: yuka

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.
I used a search widget which is included in the theme (MysiteMyway’s “Method”)
I don’t think this widget is created by theme company because other widgets have all theme name attached.
So I think wordpress default widget.

I also tried Restrition Options -> Alternateive View Protection. I selected “Filter ALL WordPress queries”
After this selection, my home page disappeared. So I deselected it again and my home page came back.

Yuka

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.