latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricted Pg Access Email Not Triggering

Home Forums Community Forum Restricted Pg Access Email Not Triggering

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 2:34 am #30746

I have a restricted access page that I’m selling via PayPal Buy It Now. I tested it today (live–not sandbox). I made the purchase and was redirected to the protected page after purchase. I received a PayPal confirmation email, but no S2 member email with a link to the protected page. I’ve watched the videos and checked my settings…everything seems to be set up properly. Anyone have any tips to fix this? I don’t want anyone to pay and not be able to come back later and access the page.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 3:27 pm #30796
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kerry,

Have you made sure that the email didn’t go to your spam folder? It may also be that it arrives, but takes a while to do so.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 5:29 pm #30803

Hi Eduan, Thank you for your response. Nothing in my spam folder and no email still…it’s been 24 hours. Could it be something with my mail chimp integration (or does S2 trigger the email?) Is there a common setup error that I may have committed?

Thanks, Kerry

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:53 pm #30837
Eduan

Not sure what the problem could be…

Could you make sure that the emails are being sent by s2Member? Install the following plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-log/

Make another test purchase, and see a couple of minutes later if the Email log plugin says anything. If it does say that an email was sent, then it means that for some reason the email is not reaching your email client.

If it doesn’t say that the email was sent, then it means that for some reason s2Member isn’t able to send the email, or generate it.

In any case, could you please try this script and see if it gives you all pass? It’s a script by Jason in order to check if your server serves s2Member’s requirements (and most of them WordPress’): http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 11:46 pm #30844

How do I run the script? I’m not a developer. I downloaded the file but didn’t know what to do with it. I have an ftp site through my hosting provider but I can’t seem to add anything to it…but I’m just guessing at what I’m supposed to do…I’d like to run this before doing another test purchase. I issued myself a refund and also didn’t get an S2 member email so unless I make a change, I don’t suspect that I’ll get any emails. Thanks for your patience!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 12:02 am #30846

Nevermind, Eduan. I realized that I’d configured my emails to come from gmail instead of my domain. I fixed it, did a test purchase and received the email at the same time as the PayPal email. Thank you for your patience!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:16 am #30879
Eduan

Oh oops, forgot to tell you how to use it. :P
You just upload it to your main WordPress directory, and open it in a browser, and it’ll do the rest for you. :)

Glad you were able to fix the problem. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.