latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricting Buddypress Status Updates?

Home Forums Community Forum Restricting Buddypress Status Updates?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 5:19 am #19966

I’m trying to restrict ALL access to content creation on my Level 0.

I’ve restricted access to groups and blog creation, but is there a way that I can restrict status updates?

I’m trying to block all content creation access to non paying members (which are really just spammers)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:49 am #19980

Hi George.

I don’t have BuddyPress installed to check this, so could you post here examples of the URLs that’d be used to post this content? If you can pick from them a part that is unique to them, you could use the URI restriction on them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 2:24 am #20030

Thanks, unfortunately the status update box is situated within the home page, so cant block the actual page / URL for access..

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:22 am #20056

Ah, it’s a bit of content in a page, not a full page. Sorry I didn’t get it the first time.

In that case you could use a conditional to show/hide it based on the person’s access. Video » s2Member (Advanced Conditionals)

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:56 am #20365

THanks Cristián that’s what I need :)

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:28 am #20380

Excellent. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.