latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricting external links

Home Forums Community Forum Restricting external links

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 12:57 pm #17141

Scenario: I have YouTube videos located at YouTube with access restricted to only those people with a direct link to the videos.

Problem: On my site I have links to these YouTube videos which i want to restrict access to level 2 members only. I would like to redirect everyone else who clicks on the video links to the membership sign up page for anyone who is not a level 2 member. I don’t want to hide the link, but I do want all non-level 2 members to be redirected to sign up or upgrade their membership.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 1:42 pm #17205
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Steven,

You might be interested in using s2Member conditionals for this, which you can find under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals.

And here’s a KBA on them:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 4:55 pm #17218

Looks great BUT

There doesn’t appear to be way redirect a new customer to the Upgrade page, unless you are suggesting that the “conditional content” contains a link to the upgrade page. This would require a new customer to click an additional link verse being redirected there automatically.

Example: “How to design a Template Video” is for Level 2 subscribers only! Please upgrade your subscription here.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 6:54 pm #17224
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Steven,

You could achieve this easily, seeing how you have the pro version of s2Member.

Simply put the link, but with JavaScript just make it so that it opens like a piece of text, with the pro-form or the button in there. Instead of sending them to another page/post.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.