latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

restricting registration from free email acct

Home Forums Community Forum restricting registration from free email acct

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:12 pm #21054

Hi there
I see in the General Options for Registration/Profile Field Options that s2Member can force personalized email addresses and disallow the use of generic ‘catch alls’ like info@, sales@ and general@, etc…..

I am wondering if it is possible to force a private @domain email and disallow registrations that use an email address that is hosted by a free email platform such as sites like @gmail, @hotmail @msn, etc….

My client wants to know who is registering for their site. Forcing the user to use an offical company email address would help greatly in this area.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 8:22 am #21093

Hey there.

No, this is not supported yet, but I’m adding your request as a vote for this feature. :)

You could probably add that using JavaScript, but I can’t help with that, I don’t know JS. Still, JS is easy to bypass, so you’d need to add server-side validation.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.