latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restricting # views & actions in lieu of pay

Home Forums Community Forum Restricting # views & actions in lieu of pay

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 5:06 pm #9602
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

If you have visited a site like FT.com (or the Nytimes.com I think) they allow you some number of views of articles free before you hit their paywall. Is it possible to set some # of views before a paywall is hit, or registration required?

I guess I am wondering if in lieu of payment if other actions (facebook like, email signup) can be used to provide some level of membership.

Can the membership restrict a certain number of page views per month?

For example could I use s2member to cause people to need to register their email (free) to bump their monthly view limit beyond 2 articles, and then have them later need to pay to be able to submit and read comments.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:28 am #9634

I’m afraid those aren’t possible yet. With some custom scripting, you could probably achieve them. This article may help: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

Can the membership restrict a certain number of page views per month?

May be possible with the coming major release, to be released soon.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.