I submitted the following support request in April. I sincerely apologize, because I got called away to a different project, and never followed up. I’d like to re-open the issue.
In summary, and to answer Eduan’s original response:
- ISSUE: If a user upgrades (from Level 0), they don’t get added to the mailing list and no log gets generated.
- I’ve tested this with the “double-opt in” checkbox enabled and disabled.
- I’d prefer to disable the double-opt in, because the mailing list is essential to our program.
- WORKS: New users signups get properly added to the mailing list, and a log gets generated.
- ISSUE: When adding or upgrading a user from wp-admin->Users, they don’t get added to the mailing list, and no log is generated.
- WORKS: When deleting or downgrading a user from wp-admin->Users, they successfully get unsubscribed.