latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Revisit: Upgrading user doesn't add MailChimp

Home Forums Community Forum Revisit: Upgrading user doesn't add MailChimp

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 8:02 am #52336

I submitted the following support request in April. I sincerely apologize, because I got called away to a different project, and never followed up. I’d like to re-open the issue.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/upgrading-user-doesnt-add-to-mailchimp/?qcAC=1#post-47249

In summary, and to answer Eduan’s original response:

1. ISSUE: If a user upgrades (from Level 0), they don’t get added to the mailing list and no log gets generated.
    • I’ve tested this with the “double-opt in” checkbox enabled and disabled.
    • I’d prefer to disable the double-opt in, because the mailing list is essential to our program.
  2. WORKS: New users signups get properly added to the mailing list, and a log gets generated.
  3. ISSUE: When adding or upgrading a user from wp-admin->Users, they don’t get added to the mailing list, and no log is generated.
  4. WORKS: When deleting or downgrading a user from wp-admin->Users, they successfully get unsubscribed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:12 pm #52402

Jason, could you tell/show me what your settings are in this panel? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate Unsubscribes/Opt-Outs[/hilite]

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 4:23 pm #52632

Thank you! I see the issue, now.

Since we have Subscriber Role Users who aren’t part of s2Member (customers and affiliates), we don’t assign Level 0 members to a mailing list. When I changed “Also Process List Transitions Automatically?” to “Yes (always automatically transition, even if NOT removed from a previous list)”, it started working as I expected.

I was assuming this setting was to override, in case of errors removing from lists. I didn’t understand it to mean that if someone wasn’t assigned to a list, they wouldn’t get transitioned.

Once I changed the setting and upgraded my test user, I immediately got my MailChimp confirmation email.

A note for your notes, when this setting is applied, the context Help for Users -> Edit User -> Allow List Transitioning second paragraph is incorrect.

You’ve configured s2Member with List Transitions enabled. By leaving this box checked, s2Member will Transition the User’s mailing list subscription(s) automatically. For example, if a Member is demoted from Level #2, down to Level #1; s2Member will add them to the Level #1 List(s) after it removes them from the Level #2 List(s).

However, the transition will ONLY occur, if s2Member IS able to successfully remove them from an existing List. In other words, if they are currently NOT subscribed to any List(s), s2Member will NOT transition them to any new Lists (intended behavior).

Posted: Thursday Jun 27th, 2013 at 3:12 am #52650

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working.

A note for your notes, when this setting is applied, the context Help for Users -> Edit User -> Allow List Transitioning second paragraph is incorrect.

I’ll forward your reply to our developer so he can take a look.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.