latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

RRA reconfiguration

Home Forums Community Forum RRA reconfiguration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 4:55 pm #54102
LG
Username: lg

We starting using s2Member for several months and it appears that our RRA=2(i believe) and we for the last 2 months or so we have had it set to RRA=0. I believe RRA=0 means that the account is demoted after the first failed payment attempt and that RRA=2 means it the account will be demoted after two failed payments. We have a monthly payment membership for our site.

We would like to fix all our old RRA=2 members to have the proper RRA=0 configuration. I was not the developer who initially configured the system but after consulting with new developer it appears that the RRA value is set and sent to Paypal at the time of the initial subscription and that we are required to go into Paypal and reconfigured each and every account that was created during that initial several month period.

Can you please confirm that RRA is stored only in Paypal at the time of purchase? Can you please also confirm that the only solution to this problem is manually configure all these accounts one at a time on paypal?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 5:06 pm #54105
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Can you please confirm that RRA is stored only in Paypal at the time of purchase? Can you please also confirm that the only solution to this problem is manually configure all these accounts one at a time on paypal?

I can’t say I know exactly how to change this value within PayPal. You might need to contact PayPal to find out how to accomplish this. However I can tell you that this is the only place that this value is considered and stored. If you can change this within PayPal then it will affect s2Member’s processes as well.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 2:43 pm #54635
LG
Username: lg

Thanks Bruce.

With RRA=0 (as of Aug 1, 2013) paypal will create a recurring payment subscription.

For others out there, the paypal dashboard for managing your recurring payments is:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=%5fmerchant%2dhub

When you click the details of the subscription, under billing details, you will see a field called “This profile will be suspended after”.

With RRA set 0 zero, the number of failed payments allowed before suspending this profile will be set to “No limit” or “No limit failures”.

“No limit failures” seems like a horribly chosen term which could imply to me that either the account will never be suspended or it be suspended after the first failed attempt.

After calling tech support for Paypal they confired that “No limit failures” will result in the account being suspended after the first failed attempt to withdraw money.

To change any pervious user to “No limit failures” you must manually change the settings in the paypal subscriptions dashboard one by one.

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 11:50 pm #54803
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

After calling tech support for Paypal they confired that “No limit failures” will result in the account being suspended after the first failed attempt to withdraw money.

Thanks for confirming that.

To change any pervious user to “No limit failures” you must manually change the settings in the paypal subscriptions dashboard one by one.

Sorry to hear that. But I’m glad that you can do this. Thanks for providing the information. I’m sure it will be useful for another User in the future. :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.