latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 and web applications ?

Home Forums Community Forum S2 and web applications ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 10:33 am #12468

My memberships site (not yet launched) is focused on a custom web application that has been developed in cakephp / mysql. This application is also accessed via iphone, ipad, android companion apps. So we have been looking at building all the custom membership and affiliate management tools and systems, but that means huge expense and time delays to launch – which sucks.

My main site is wordpress. Currently – when a user clicks the “members” button in the navigation header on the WP site, that takes them to a login / registration screen that is part of our custom app (cakephp / mysql).

What I would like to do – if S2 can do this (or if an S2 Pro API can make it so my developers can do this) is change things on my WP site so that all the registration, billling, user management of billing, tracking, affiliate management and such is done on the WP members area with S2. This would also let me manage premium content that is outside the web application itself on the WP side which would be easier. But – I would have to be able to have the wordpress side membership and billing management integrate and communicate with the web application.

Is this possible? How would it work? What are the main challenges? Also – I am NOT a techie! I pay techies to do this stuff… I am a business guy.

Thanks – all help is greatly appreciated, I need to get moving on a solution asap.

Site is – http://www.fibromyalgia-treatment.com

Terry

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 10:34 am #12594

Should I interprete the lack of response to mean that S2 is not likely to be capable of interfacing with a cakephp / mysql web application and I need to find a different solution?

Terry

Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 5:58 am #12653

Hi Terry. Sorry I didn’t get to your post yesterday.

You could handle all the membership with s2Member in WordPress. s2Member has a notifications API that lets you send data to an external app like yours. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]. Please show it to your tech guy to evaluate if it can do what you need.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 10:39 am #12764

Do I have to purchase S2 in order to have my tech guys evaluate if this will work or not?

Basically – we need for members to be able to sign up for a membership via S2 where all billing will happen (clickbank probably) and where different account types can be managed. We will also manager some premium content delivery via wordpress and S2 – but we would need for the basic user profile data (user name, password, full name, address) to be passed off to our application where the rest of the user profile data will be collected (we collect tons of stuff because its a medical focused app) and the user can access the application.

Terry

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #12777

Hi Terry. You can evaluate s2Member’s free framework, which probably does all you need from what you mentioned.

The extra user fields can be created here [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite] and data can be sent to your app using the the Notifications API [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications[/hilite].

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.