latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 Generated PayPal button Not working

Home Forums Community Forum S2 Generated PayPal button Not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 4:04 am #13476

I have a couple other sites that drive traffic into my membership site. Yesterday I generated my first S2Member button but when I post it on my other sites, clicking it leads me to a paypal page saying that the purchase cannot be processed due to a problem with email address.

Does this mean I can only use the button on the same website that contains my membership site??

Does anyone know of a work-around for this??

Please help! It would be much appreciated.

P.S. I’m using the free version. Not sure if this would be different with the paid version.

Thank you :)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Keala Kanae.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 7:18 am #13507

Hi Keala.

Right, if you use the shortcode for the button, it’d need to be in the WordPress installation where s2Member is.

You can create a button over at PayPal, integrated with s2Member, which you can use elsewhere too. Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Or you can use the shortcode in your s2Member site and copy the code for the button that you get when loading the page where you used it. Make sure you’re logged out of your account when you do this, though, or it’ll be tied to it. You can even output a URL or link with the shortcode, instead of a button. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> output[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 6:19 pm #13559

Hello Cristian!

You’re the man! Thank you so very, very much. I’m looking into this and it looks like a sufficient solution. Just so I’m sure I understand correctly, either of these options will lead the buyer to the S2 Member sign up page, to set up their member info, immediately after checkout, correct??

Thanks again for your time, man!

This is my first membership site, as it progresses I’m hoping to use S2Member Pro on my future sites.

Much appreciated.

Keala :)

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 7:17 pm #13568

You’re welcome and thanks for the kudos! I’m glad I could help. :)

Yes, if you use the s2Member generated button, or the PayPal created button following the instructions so it works with s2Member, it should work fine.

Keep logging enabled so you it’ll be easier to find what’s wrong in case you have any problems with the transactions. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.